This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ORDER SELECTOR AND SHIPPER
Other, FT Employee
Daughters of St. Paul (Jamaica Plain, MA)
1. Responsible for selecting all items from the picking tickets accurately.
2. Assembles and prepares boxes for shipments. Requirement: able to lift 50 pound boxes throughout the workday. May need to lift 70 pound boxes on occasion.
3. Verifies orders and makes sure to include advertising with every order.
4. Staples boxes, attaches labels and packing lists and passes along to the scale position.
5. Cross trained for expediting all mail (except 2nd and 3rd class) according to departments or divisions regardless of carrier.
6. Cross trained for processing all packages through the scale, i.e. USPS, RPS, and UPS shipments.
7. Assists with insuring that all mailing, freight, and truck orders are dispatched in a timely manner and that any resulting charges or costs are charged to the appropriate area.
8. Cross trained for preparing daily reports regarding charges by account number.
9. Receives UPS, RPS, USPS, and Fed Ex deliveries and distributes to the appropriate departments.
10. Receives Truck shipments for inventory warehouse, unloads pallets and places them in designated area for stock in designated warehouse.
11. Prepares all truck shipments for pick up, including the preparation of the bill of lading.
Capable of understanding the complete Shipping process and can retain this information.
Basic math skills (High School Level)
Grammar and reading skills (High School Level)
Appropriate communication and social skills
Organized and creative in regard to the use of time
Able to operate the following equipment: calculator, postage meter, freight elevator, box stapler, battery operated pallet jack, package strapping machine, heat sealer and shrink wrap machine
Capable of working with responsibility and initiative with minimum supervision
Ability to handle a high volume of packages (78)
Incoming search terms:
- st pauls catholic church jamaica