This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (Sacramento, CA)
DIOCESE OF SACRAMENTO
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services, Sacramento
Supervised by: Associate Director
Employment Status: Exempt
CFCS is committed to serving all members of our community in a dignified and compassionate manner. As an organization we strive to live our mission by being an open resource and providing exemplary service. Employees of CFCS are expected to act in accordance with the values and goals of the organization.
The Operations Manager is committed to meeting the goals and objectives of CFCS. They are to assist in the planning, organization, administration and grounds activities of the cemetery. Additionally, they are responsible for coordinating and supporting a harmonious interaction between the Sales and Cemetery personnel. Operation Managers are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner to promote a cooperative, service-oriented work environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the planning, scheduling, direction and supervision of the grounds personnel and functions at the cemetery location.
• Formulate, develop and implement short and long-range plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of cemetery operations with the Associate Director.
• Promote good employee relations, utilizing established policies, procedures and practices.
• Assist general manager in creation of necessary financial and statistical records and reports.
• Ensure the integrity of data entered and maintained in the computerized operating system and reconcile as needed to manual records.
• Oversee cemetery-site record retention and archiving.
• Communicate with administrators and other Diocesan personnel to coordinate activities, resolve issues and exchange information.
• Assure that cemetery buildings and grounds are properly prepared, secured and maintained.
• Analyze office and grounds activity and revise workflow and operational procedures as directed by the General Manager.
• Assist in monitoring and controlling expenditures within the cemetery budgets.
• Interface with clergy, parish staff and regional support personnel on a regular basis.
• Assist General Manager in formulating regional specific marketing ideas for the communities around their cemetery.
• Provide specialized information to personnel, patrons and others regarding cemetery rules, regulations and procedures.
• Resolve operational problems, patron complaints and employee disputes as directed by the General Manager.
• Perform related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities, typically:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration preferred. In the absence of a degree, candidates are required to have completed necessary college-level courses and have the appropriate managerial, supervisory and administrative work experience.
• At least five years’ experience in all phases of business management, office administration and supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Cemetery operations, including grounds and office activities.
• Principles and practices of management, supervision and training.
• Accounting and budgeting practices and techniques.
• Diocesan organization, objectives and policies.
• Interpersonal skills, including tact, courtesy and diplomacy.
• Understanding of basic sales principles.
• Preparing, reviewing and analyzing financial and statistical data.
• Coordinating and supervising a variety of diverse activities concurrently.
• Preparing and controlling budgets.
• Plan, organize, coordinate and manage grounds operations and office activities at the cemetery.
• Select, supervise and train assigned personnel.
• Communicate and relate to others effectively in written and oral form.
• Prepare, review and analyze financial statements and reports.
• Develop and implement long- and short-term plans to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of cemetery operations.
• Assure compliance with established cemetery policies, regulations, directives and requirements.
• Sit, stand or walk for long periods of time, including walking of cemetery grounds. Frequently exert up to ten pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to twenty pounds.
• File and retrieve documents from four-drawer cabinets, five feet high. Must reach above shoulders for two drawers or crouch to reach lower drawers.
These requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. (148)
Incoming search terms:
- operations manager sacramento ca