This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
Operations Manager, Catholic Charities’ St. Martin de Porres Senior Center
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington is seeking an Operations Manager for our St Martin de Porres Senior Center. St Martin’s provides congregate meals, fellowship and a broad range of activities to seniors in the greater Alexandria area. St. Martin’s programs are designed to provide seniors with the tools they need to maintain their independence for as long as possible, to help seniors age with dignity, and to enable them to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the center, including records, reports, statistics, and financial transactions. She/he will work with the Program Director to ensure the Center complies with Virginia Department on Aging service standards and CoA accreditation standards. She/he will directly manage daily participant reservations, and will update client Virginia Uniform Assessment instruments, as needed. The Operations Manager will coordinate the maintenance and repair of the facility, in concert with the Program Director. She/he may also provide input to various development activities, including grant submissions.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least three years of experience in office and/or program administration.
• Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
• Strong computer and clerical skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (including Excel) and the Internet.
• Well organized: ability to multitask, pay attention to details, and meet deadlines.
• Foreign language proficiency an advantage.
• Must demonstrate compassion and sensitivity to senior citizens of multi-cultural backgrounds; emphasis on working with low-income, frail, or otherwise vulnerable populations.
• Must possess or obtain a current certification in CPR and First Aid as well as a Northern Virginia Food Manager certification.
• Must be willing to uphold Catholic moral and social justice teachings in the workplace
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] EOE. No phone calls, please. (98)