This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ON-SITE PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR TEACHER
Other, FT Employee
Presentation Church (Stockton, CA)
On-Site Preschool Director/Teacher
The position is an exempt full-time, at-will position in which the on-site preschool director/teacher is available for a minimum of forty (40) hours per week. The position will run from two weeks prior to Presentation Preschool’s start date to two weeks after the last day of preschool (approximately 11 months annually).
Leads in the management of our new preschool. Works in collaboration with the Director of Early Childhood Ministries to develop and maintain a program that nurtures the whole child in a faith-filled environment, sparks imagination and discovery, builds self-esteem, fosters learning through play, empowers children and encourages parent involvement.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Promotes the development of a preschool program which fosters early faith formation, healthy growth and development of children’s spiritual, social, emotional, cognitive and physical selves in a caring, safe and developmentally appropriate environment in collaboration with the Director of Early Childhood Ministries.
• Encourages, inspires and nurtures preschool children in experiencing God’s love as members of a Catholic faith community.
• Gears the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interest, special needs, special talents and individual style and pace of learning.
• Provides feedback and mentoring for staff and parents, insuring the application of age-appropriate child development practices in the classroom.
• Conducts program in accordance with Diocesan and state licensing regulations and ensures compliance with Church and Diocesan Safe Environments Requirements.
• Participates in Early Childhood Advisory Board and Diocesan Directors Group as needed.
• Promotes a positive image of Presentation Preschool.
• Stays current in early childhood education and administration through classes, workshops and professional organizations.
• Adheres to NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment.
• Monitors the safety of children, staff and facilities, reporting any concerns to the Director.
• Monitors, organizes and maintains equipment, materials and supplies.
• Conducts safety check of environment, documents and communicates any concerns to ensure proper building and ground maintenance.
• Assures that all necessary student, parent and staff records are kept current and confidential (including registrations, tuition payments, permission slips, accident reports, medical records, etc.).
• Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor and learning environment of the classroom.
• Oversees completion and collection of time cards in a timely manner.
• Collects and maintains records of tuition and late fees.
• Informs Director of status of tuition fees.
• First contact with parents regarding nonpayment of fees.
• Conducts daily check of children and ensures children receive appropriate medical attention when needed.
• Opens and closes facility.
• Purchases everyday supplies for daily activities and snacks.
• Maintains emergency supplies for children.
• Conducts and records fire drills and earthquake drills.
• Prepares and updates attendance sheets.
• Assists with the creation of preschool newsletters.
• Collaborates in conducting tours of the preschool and parent orientations (individual and group).
• Works together with the Director of Early Childhood Ministries to market and advertise the preschool.
• Assists in the planning and coordination of fundraisers and events.
• Actively participates in the hiring process of staff.
• Ensures staff has current CPR and First Aid certification.
• Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
• Plans and implements a staff in-service program in collaboration with the Director.
• Supervises, evaluates and conducts performance reviews of staff and volunteers in a confidential manner (in collaboration with the Director).
• Collaborates with teachers in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum/activities.
• In collaboration with staff, observes and evaluates children in relation to their progress, abilities and needs; maintains related records, including written evaluations of their development.
• Maintains ongoing communication with families through the preschool newsletter, conferences, informal discussions, phone calls, emails, etc.
• Provides leadership, supervision and training to staff, parents and volunteers.
• Assists the staff in the effective use of parent assistants and volunteers.
• Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Early Childhood Ministries.
IV. Expected Qualities and Qualifications:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community or possesses the knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Commitment to the mission and vision of the Parish.
• Current Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or a Child Development Program Director Permit issued by the CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or child development, highly preferred.
• At least 3 years teaching experience in a licensed child care center.
• Site supervisor experience, highly preferred.
• 15 hours of health and safety training.
• Ability to collaborate with the staff and parents.
• Ability to recruit, train and motivate staff and volunteers, and willingness to recognize and honor diversity.
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as per scheduled events.
• Basic computer skills.
• A current health screening, including a current tuberculosis test (must be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks).
• Positive background check and fingerprint clearance.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish (verbally and in writing), highly preferred.
The regular work week for the position is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The position is supervised by the Director of Early Childhood Ministries.
Eligibility for health coverage, retirement and other benefits are provided by Presentation and the Diocese of Stockton.
The term is projected to begin August 2014 (negotiable). A 90 calendar day probationary period beginning on the first day of employment must be successfully completed. During this initial employment period and during the entire term of the employment relationship, employment is “at-will.”
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] by the application deadline: Friday, August 1. (170)
Incoming search terms:
- church preschool stockton ca
- daycare director presentation
- preschool director articles to the church
- preschool stockton
- presentation preschool stockton ca