This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ON CALL RESIDENT MANAGER CHRIST HOUSE
Other, PT Temp
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Alexandria, VA)
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage facility and ensure the safety of all occupants per agency protocols and procedures
• Assist in the development and implementation of Case Management services with assigned Residents
• Develop and maintain appropriate records, statistics, and documentation of services to Residents and Evening Meal Guests
• Manage and distribute Resident prescriptions and medications according to agency policy
• Annotate all distributions of Resident medications in the Medicine Distribution Log
• Supervise Evening Meal preparation and clean-up
• Ensure appropriate behavior of Evening Meal Guests
• Restrict banned Evening Meal Guests from entering Christ House
• Assign and ensure completion of daily chores with Residents
• Annotate all notable Resident interactions with staff, volunteers, and/or other clients
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with program residents
• Demonstrated success working with homeless populations.
• Ability to relate to clients, volunteers, staff, and the public is critical.
• Ability to ensure safety of residents and facility.
Hours: As needed
Communication with Individuals and Groups: The On-call Resident Manager represents the program, the agency, and the Diocese of Arlington to the public. He/she confers and consults with other workers to insure quality services and professional growth.
Physical Abilities for Performance of Duties:
• Sensory functions sufficient to perform physical tasks in a multi-level, residential home (maintenance and cleaning of Christ House, including Food Pantry), and perform major duties outlined above.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time (one hour or more) to provide facility supervision services and to participate in meetings.
Work Environment: Christ House in Alexandria is an 18-bed shelter for homeless men. It is a 3-floor facility with some offices and eating on the 1st floor, office and residential facilities on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Storage is in the basement. No accessibility for the handicapped is available beyond the 1st floor. There is central heating and air conditioning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE. (88)