This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
OFFICE MANAGER, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Catholics for the Common Good (San Francisco, CA)
Position: Office Manager / Executive Assistant to the CEO
Daly City, CA
Office Manager / Executive Assistant to the CEO position is responsible for assisting the CEO of CCGI in his responsibilities, coordinating events and activities, and managing the headquarters office for Catholics for the Common Good Institute.
In addition to assisting the CEO of Catholics for the Common Good Institute in his duties, this position is responsible for:
1. Organizing and managing the operations of CCG and CCGI headquarters office.
2. Assisting with and supporting development and fundraising activities.
3. Planning and organizing projects and tasks for volunteers and other office employees.
4. Providing support for and assistance to CCG county leaders.
5. Performing clerical duties including:
a. Bookkeeping and handling payments and receipts.
b. Reconciling bank accounts.
c. Preparing and filing corporate compliance forms.
6. Preparing and producing routine correspondence.
7. Organizing and coordinating meetings and special events.
8. Coordinating and producing electronic and mail communications with members and supporters.
9. Maintaining the CCG database, including the management of user permissions.
10. Loading and maintaining content on CCG’s website.
11. Organizing and coordinating Speakers’ Bureau talks and events.
Education and Skill Requirements:
This position requires a person who has initiative and is a self-starter. Must be able to keep up with the challenges of changing priorities and directions while accomplishing the mission of CCGI.
Education and Experience:
AA Degree min, BA preferred.
5-10 years experience in an office management and administrative assistant position.
Exceptional planning and organizing skills.
Basic bookkeeping and clerical skills including experience.
Good interpersonal communications and social skills, including the ability to work with high level people (including priests, Catholic conference staff, and bishops’ staff), arrange appointments and organize events.
Excellent writing skills. The ability to write simply and concisely on complex subjects is important. The ability to teach, persuade, and motivate through the written word is critical.
Proficient research skills.
Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office including WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint. Specifically, proficient with mail merge. Database experience is desirable.
General knowledge of computer operations, maintenance including virus protection, and computer networking.
General knowledge of operation and maintenance of office equipment .
Desirable for this position:
Familiarity with Catholic doctrine and protocol.
Familiarity with MS Access.
Experience with accounting software.
Experience in organizing or managing websites and blogs, including familiarity with HTML, Java and
Experience with Publisher or other desktop publishing program. (159)
Incoming search terms:
- blog space for catholics
- hymns for the common good
- office manager development assistant fundraising
- with answers general knowledge