This is a syndicated post from The Curt Jester. [Read the original article...]
LarryD on 10 New Names For The NCReporter
In his most recent column published in the diocesan paper, The Catholic Key, Bishop Finn of Kansas City has stated in no uncertain terms that the National Catholic Reporter should not be calling itself Catholic. I encourage you to read it if you haven’t already. It’s excellent stuff.
Now, they won’t be obeying Bishop Finn any time soon, but still, if by chance they come to their senses and do the right thing, they’re gonna need a new name.
And guess what – I have 10 suggestions (of course I do, right?)
- The Nullified Conscience Reporter
- The Midwest Journal of Religious Emasculation
- Theological Masturbation & Review
- Screw You, Rome Reports
- New Age Apostate & Chronicle
- The Weakly Faith Weekly
- The Apostolic Underminer
- The Sixth Circle Times-Union
- The Poor Man’s Unitarian Almanac
- Heretic Herald & Heritage
Got any other suggestions?
Well here are a couple.
- Itching Ears Weekly
- National Tares and Chaff Reporter
- Heretic’s R Us
- The New Sodom Times
- National Compost
- False Christianity Today
- White Washed Tomb Times
- Apostolic Editorial Board (at least that seems to be how they see themselves)
- Dissent of Man
- Reverse Tardis Times (The ideas are even smaller than they appear on the outside)
- Fishwrap (Really Father’s Z’s description fits the best)
Really it would be nice to not confuse “National Catholic” — “Reporter” and “Register”. To have to differentiate between the good NCR and the bad NCR.