This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ADMINISTRATOR
Technology, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Manages the delivery of network and telecommunications to the Assumption College user community 24×7.
1. Oversees the installation, maintenance, and repair of network electronics and their associated peripheral components including switches, routers, and fiber-based network components.
2. Oversees the installation, maintenance and ongoing development of the copper and fiber optic wiring plant for the Internal and/or External networks of the campus. Includes data, cable TV, and telecommunications.
3. Develops and implements standardized policies and procedures relating to purchase, installation, and repair of network related electronics.
4. Provides technical network support for help desk and for training seminars run by both IT&MS; and individual faculty members.
5. Works with Server Operations to deploy, install and support Windows servers and blade systems.
6. Provides input into the planning and installation of campus-wide network and telecommunications systems.
7. Manages the delivery and support of wireless network services across the campus, including component installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair.
8. Provides assistance to the Network & Server Administrator in maintaining and deploying core network appliances managing security and off campus access.
9. Coordinates the installation and support of the cable TV system and infrastructure.
10. Evaluates communication problems, and supports moves, adds and changes through their completion, while working with the Telecom vendor to provide support for campus telecommunications, including the PBX, infrastructure, analog telephones, multi-line phones, and IP Phones.
11. Plans and documents all responsibilities and functions of the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
* Requires 2 years of experience in a networked environment using both Windows and Macintosh computers.
* Requires experience with switching, routing, Ethernet topologies, wireless, and network security. Must have detailed hands-on experience with SNMP management software, layer 2 and layer 3 switching. Must also be experienced with DHCP, DNS.
* Requires Firewall, WAN and VPN experience.
* Requires detailed knowledge of Windows Servers, Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Macintosh operating systems, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.x protocols and UNIX.
* Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio.
* Requires experience in direct user support.
*Applicants must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
SCOPE: (This a full-time administrative position).
* Supervises on- and off-campus equipment service in accordance with departmental policies. This includes Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Mac OS servers, routers, switches, hubs and other network electronics.
* Occasionally supervises college work-study students in setting up and servicing electronic network components.
* Works with other IT&MS; staff in the Applications, User Support, Media Services and Network and Server Operations groups as well as College committees to plan appropriate technology for the College.
* Interacts daily with faculty, and administration, as well as equipment and support vendors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is part of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium and an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (1221)
Incoming search terms:
- leave a reply name (required) mail (will not be published) (required) website network support
- 802 X protocols
- configure dns server windows 7
- network administration
- setting ip & dns