This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR INTERN
Technology, PT Employee
Catholic Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
Full-time, paid ($15/per hour) summer Internship from May 19, 2015 – August 15, 2014
(May consider alternative time period)
The Catholic Diocese of Arlington, one of the fastest growing dioceses in the nation, is searching for a Network Intern to assist the Information Technology Department in supporting the 400 users in the Central Administrative Office (CAO), the Arlington Catholic Herald (ACH), and the offices of Catholic Charities (CCDA).
The Network Intern will assist the Network Administrator with a variety of network projects that are being executed during the summer. In addition, the intern will provide assistance supporting day-to-day network operations. This will be a hands-on learning opportunity with exposure to all facets of network administration. The intern will also gain experience in project management and network diagramming and documentation.
The intern will provide regular assistance for day-to-day activities as assigned by the supervising manager(s).
The intern will be responsible for special projects designed to develop essential management and industry skills necessary for success in a professional IT environment. These projects will expose the intern to:
• Windows Server administration – Windows 2008/R2 and 2012/R2
• Active Directory Account administration and troubleshooting; Group Policy
• Exchange – 2010
• Server Virtualization – HyperV
• Storage Systems – EMC (SAN)
• Enterprise Backup and Replication – BackupExec and Server 2012
• Patch management – WSUS
• Enterprise System Management and Monitoring – Microsoft System Center
• Network administration – Cisco switching, routing and CheckPoint firewalls
• Pursuing or completed BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Prefer junior, senior or recent graduate
• Must have completed course work in networking concepts
• Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
• Send cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript to [email protected] by May 5, 2014.
• Include in cover letter areas of interest or prior experience within Information Technology field. (227)
Incoming search terms:
- arlington virginia catholic churches