NATIONAL AND MINNESOTA DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Fundraising, FT Employee
Saint Paul’s Outreach (West St Paul, MN)
The National & Minnesota Development Director (NMDD) is the primary architect and implementer of SPO’s fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on Minnesota. The NMDD is responsible for raising the necessary funds for the Minnesota Mission Center, overseeing the national development department, facilitating fundraising in the other Mission Centers, and pursuing national fundraising opportunities. The NMDD’s focus in Minnesota is major gifts, since most of the annual campaign events and activities are managed by the National & Minnesota Assistant Development Director (NMADD), under the NMDD’s supervision.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position.
Minnesota Major Gift Cultivation and Solicitation
• Create and implement plan to continue to increase major gifts. The Executive Director and board members are closely involved in this, but the NMDD has primary responsibility, including:
• Forming and leading major gifts team (including the Executive Director, board members, and others).
• Identifying and prioritizing major donor prospects and key networks.
• Cultivating prospects and engaging key networks.
• Soliciting prospects and assisting other solicitors.
Minnesota Annual Campaign Events and Activities
• Create plan for and supervise implementation of Minnesota annual campaign events and activities, including banquet, luncheons, golf tournament, written appeals, and phone-a-thons. The NMADD has primary responsibility for most execution.
• May direct Men on a Mission program.
Facilitate Fundraising in Mission Centers
• Ensure NMADD is managing day-to-day operations of the national development department effectively and efficiently, especially gift processing and database usage.
• Provide training and authoritative consultation to development staff in Mission Centers, equipping them to plan and execute their fundraising successfully.
• Visit Mission Centers occasionally to assist with fundraising.
• Ensure appropriate fundraising manuals and other resources are created, updated, distributed, and utilized effectively.
• Pursue national fundraising opportunities, including conducting special campaigns when applicable.
• Work with Development Committee Chair to facilitate the committee’s activity.
• Conduct regular fundraising reporting as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field that can be useful in fundraising. Some training in development work is highly preferable. Some training in business, entrepreneurship, or marketing and communication is preferable.
Experience Requirements: At least 10 years of noteworthy professional work experience. Significant experience in development work is preferred. Prior experience with SPO is preferred.
Additional Requirements: Individual must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas: analytical strategic planning, communication, organization, reliability, determination, self-motivation, leadership, flexibility, and integrity. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office and capable of learning quickly how to use a complex database. Excellent relational skills are essential, including the ability to relate professionally and present Saint Paul’s Outreach in a highly effective way to benefactors and board members. Ability to work well independently and cooperatively, and to use discretion when handling confidential information is also necessary. Should be able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities well and work efficiently. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is essential. Enthusiastically supportive of SPO’s mission and core virtues, and core values: willing and able to live them out and communicate them effectively to others. Faithfully living out the Catholic faith and the mission of evangelization. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- national development
- st paul catholic charities national and Minnesota development director
- st paul outreach nmdd