This is a syndicated post from The Chant Café. [Read the original article...]
Musica Sacra Florida, the Florida chapter of the CMAA, is happy to announce our 6th annual Gregorian chant conference.
Server training workshop - Thursday, May 15th and Friday, May 16th
Server training participants are welcome to stay for Saturday’s portion of the chant conference.
Registration prices are affordable, and include materials and instruction. Adults are $60, Full-time students (with ID), seminarians, and clergy are $15. On-campus housing is available, too, with a single room for $50/night and a double for $70/night ($35/night/person).
Fr. Scott Haynes will serve as the keynote speaker, and Mr. Adam Bartlett (composer of the Simple English Propers and Lumen Christi Missal) joins our faculty this year in teaching English chant.
Other faculty members include:
Mary Jane Ballou, D.S.M. – Cantorae Saint Augustine
Jennifer Donelson, D.M.A. – Nova Southeastern University
Jeffrey Herbert, CAGO/ChM – Saint Raphael Church, Englewood, FL
Susan Treacy, Ph.D. – Ave Maria University
Special workshop tracks are available in:
- Singing Gregorian Chant in English & a new parish music program, the Lumen Christi series
- Gregorian Chironomy – How to conduct Gregorian chant
- Instruction for chant directors & aspiring chant directors on learning & teaching new chants
- Basic instruction on how to read Gregorian chant notation
The conference also includes:
- Choice of scholae for beginning/intermediate (men & women), upper-level men, & upper-level women
- Closing Missa cantata in the Ordinary Form on Saturday evening with English & Latin chants provided by conference participants
Registration deadline is Friday, May 2nd, 2014.
We hope you’ll be able to join us!
Incoming search terms:
- gregorian chant mass of saturday in easter week