MRS STUDENT LIAISON
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington (Fredericksburg, VA)
MRS – Student Liaison Full-time
Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services program is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) student liaison in its Fredericksburg office. The student liaison works to ensure that students receive needed assistance in all areas of their life, with a specific focus on academic success. The student liaison will enroll students in school, monitor academic progress, match students and neighborhood tutoring resources, and educate school personnel about cultural and academic needs of refugee students. Because the population served is in the greater Fredericksburg area, the successful applicant will be familiar with Stafford County and surrounding communities.
MRS carries out the commitment of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) to serve and advocate for refugees, asylees, forced migrants, immigrants, and other people on the move. MRS provides assistance to these most vulnerable people through resettlement services, employment services, and educational services – all rooted in the Gospel mandate that every person is to be welcomed as if he or she were Christ Himself.
• Bachelor’s degree in social services or education
• At least two years direct experience with immigrant children or equivalent population
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 7.0 or greater
• Direct experience working with a multi-cultural and multi-faith population
• Knowledge of Stafford County, VA public school system
• Preference will be given to multi-lingual candidates
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] EOE No phone calls, please. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities migrant fredericksburg
- Catholic socials for College grads in Arlington VA area?
- student liaison job catholic charities
- student teaching in fredericksburg va