This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MONTESSORI PRESCHOOL LEAD TEACHER
Education: Elementary, PT Employee
St. Joseph’s Childcare Center (Kennewick, WA)
For complete job descriptions and for instructions on how to apply, please visit the link to Applitrack: http://www.applitrack.com/yakimadiocese/onlineapp
Montessori Preschool Lead Teacher Job Description
POSITON CLASSIFICATION: Part-time
1. Establish and maintain Montessori classroom culture with a particular sensitivity to helping those new to the Montessori Method with understanding how this works.
2. Implement and update curriculum based on the needs of the students.
3. Plan, prepare and maintain all units of study, lesson and hands on work.
4. Schedule guest presenter and organization of all field trips with the appropriately certified drivers.
5. Give lessons when needed.
1. Communicate with parents on a regular basis, including but not limited to a regular newsletter, phone calls, emails and text messages.
2. Coordinate and meet with specialists and parents regarding children with special needs.
3. Plan, prepare and execute parent/teacher conferences twice a year as a minimum and more frequently as needed by individual students.
4. Meet with prospective preschool families and answer questions about the Montessori preschool program.
Administration of the Classroom
1. Carefully observe and keep daily records on each student’s individual progression through the classroom.
2. Oversee the work of the assistant teacher. Evaluate their work in the preschool classroom.
3. Work collegially with the kindergarten teachers to insure that preschool students are ready to transition to the kindergarten program.
4. Schedule regular meetings with the assistant classroom teacher and the other preschool teachers to further unity in the preschool programs.
5. Plan, prepare and organize all materials for the classroom.
6. Maintain records of drop off and pick up of each of the children in the classroom.
Direct supervisor: The principal of St. Joseph’s Catholic School.
• Montessori certification (preferred)
• At least one year experience in a Montessori primary classroom
• CPR and First Aid certification
• Have the physical capacity to work with preschool aged children which includes but is not limited to the following: bending, minor lifting and working on the floor.
• Fulfill all diocesan requirements for employment in a Catholic school.
The normal work schedule is 4 hours per day 5 days per week, Monday – Friday from 8 to 11 am. It is the attendance standard of the Diocese of Yakima for all employees to be present and on time each work period that they are scheduled to work. Full or partial absence during any scheduled work period, arriving late, or leaving early, for whatever reason, may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Time off may be approved if allowed by applicable policies covering illness, injury, or other personal emergency.
1. Work is primarily performed in a classroom environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips.
2. Incumbent must be able to lift 40 pounds
3. Stand up to 95% of the day
4. Assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children
5. Must be able to sustain a high level of energy
6. Bend to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day
7. Stoop, sit on the floor
8. Have the ability to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations
9. Perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time
10. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children’s well-being. Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a Pre-School classroom. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
11. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children’s well being
12. Must be able to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
13. Incumbent will need to be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations
14. Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a daily basis and will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to frequently changing needs of children (169)
Incoming search terms:
- montessori teacher education center
- preschool assistant