Missionary Program Director – Colorado – Catholic Young Adult Sports (Denver, CO)

This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]

MISSIONARY PROGRAM DIRECTOR – COLORADO
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Catholic Young Adult Sports (Denver, CO)

Position Summary
The Missionary Program Director is a position that serves a city or region directing the operations and programs of the Catholic Young Adult Mission in that area. Each missionary director is responsible for guiding the outreach/mentorship efforts of a team of young adult volunteers using recreational sports leagues (football, basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, etc) as a catalyst for new member outreach, and coordinating fun opportunities for faith formation such as retreats, mission trips, small groups, and volunteer leadership development. The successful candidate will office from home and meet regularly with the President of CYAS, their direct supervisor.

Position Duties
• Establish a vision with the President of CYAS for the volunteer committees (finance, fundraising, formation, marketing, and leagues) and lead the committee chairs in that vision
• Coach the volunteers on discipleship and mentoring relationships and model it in your own efforts of outreach and faith formation
o Training volunteers to use CYAS programs to evangelize their peers
o Coaching volunteer chairs to train their committee members
o Working with league captains to harness the mission and continually seek to build community and virtue among teams
• Work with the President and the finance committee to establish budget goals for the mission, including fundraising goals for the organization, and budgets for individual leagues or events
• Dedication to personal spiritual growth
• Participation in team life, including regular meetings and social activities
• Fundraising one’s own salary and maintaining contact with benefactors
• Coordinating efforts with diocesan personnel, including reporting to the local Bishop and/or his representatives
• Developing and building partnership relationships to grow the mission

Position Requirements
• Passion for spreading the Catholic faith among the underserved young adult population
• Dedication to the New Evangelization
• Creativity and innovation to propose and enact new projects with the volunteers
• Experience in social media
• Organization, Time Management, and Self Discipline
o Using a digital phone calendar effectively to schedule time wisely
o Prudent at taking time for self needs/interest
o Willing to spend a lot of time in social settings and networking opportunities
o Some night and weekend work is required, primarily being present for league events
• Leadership/Management

Compensation
Every employee who embraces the CYAS mission is required to fundraise for the mission. Missionary positions receive a salary tied to their fundraising efforts and a small bonus tied to the event budgets. CYAS will send all missionaries to a Missionary Partner Development Bootcamp to learn the skills and vision needed to successfully fundraise for God’s Kingdom work. One morning/afternoon a week is dedicated to fundraising in community.

How to Apply: send your resume and a brief explanation of what draws you to this mission to [email protected]

Need:The need is present in the non-existence of young adult ministry in most major cities. The average age of marriage is now 27 and the majority of young adults have felt neglected and unwelcomed in the Catholic faith for nearly a decade since high school catechesis programs. That is assuming they are welcomed back at marriage, which statistically speaking only 25% of them will return. That leaves 75% of the largest Catholic age group left relatively un-ministered to in the Catholic faith (according to a USCCB study, 40% of American Catholics are 18-40 years old). (384)

CatholicJobs.com (4491 Posts)


You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply

Hide me
Sign up below to have the hottest Catholic news delivered to your email daily!
Enter your email address:
Show me