This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MIDDLE SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES AND DEAN OF STUDENTS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
St. Martin de Porres School (Oakland, CA)
Saint Martin de Porres Catholic School in the Diocese of Oakland seeks a highly motivated and experienced Dean of Students and Middle School Social Studies teacher. This is a full-time position with benefits beginning in August 2014.
The Dean of Students provides support to the Principal in areas of site administration for the Middle School, with emphasis on pupil services and academic success. The Dean of Students is instrumental in establishing and maintaining a faith based culture, with positive discipline and an academic environment. The Dean of Students inspires students, families, and staff to believe in and reflect the school’s mission, high expectations and values.
Specific Responsibilities for Dean of Students
1. Effectively manages student discipline issues at the Middle School in cooperation with the Principal and administrative staff.
2. Monitors daily student attendance and administers attendance policies
3. Coordinates and conducts student activities
4. Coordinates and conducts Student Council/Government
5. Provides support and mentorship to new teachers and articulation between all staff
6. Other duties as assigned by the Principal or President
As the Dean of Students, you are also responsible for teaching three periods a day of Social Studies to grades 6, 7, and 8. Applicants must be familiar with the California State Standards for Middle School Social Studies and Common Core curriculum.
To learn more about our school visit www.stmdp.org (119)