This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
St. Anne School (Laguna Hills, CA)
The Principal will be responsible for the leadership, administration and supervision of the Middle School 6th-8th Grade instructional program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Acts as a role model in a Catholic environment
• Work in collaboration with members of the Leadership Team to ensure all aspects of operations are in alignment with the philosophy, policies, missions and goals of the school.
• Insures the health, safety, and welfare of all students
• Holds in confidence all matters pertaining to the school
• Adheres and advise all policies and procedures as outlined in the Parent/ Student Handbook, employee Handbook, and code of conduct
• Attends faculty and administrative meetings.
• Oversee the daily operation of the Middle School programs.
• Supervise the Dean of Students in the Handling of Middle School student discipline problems and overseeing major discipline issues.
• Supervise, schedule and evaluate the work of the Middle School Administrator.
• Participate in Mass, assemblies and other school wide activities.
• Planning professional development, workshops, and in-services.
• Resolving grievances filed by parents and teachers.
• Observing, evaluating, and supervising Middle School teaching staff.
• Interviewing prospective teacher candidates.
• Leading administrative meetings, faculty meetings, in-services, school functions, Mass, assemblies, and committee meetings.
• Address parents at Back to School Nights, weekly assemblies, orientations, SAPA meetings, Christmas program, Open House, etc.
• Interpret and communicate test scores and present to administration, teachers, and parents.
• Assume Elementary School Principal responsibilities of attending meetings and taking care of administrative duties, when Elementary School principal s absent
• Order and organize grade level ERB test scores with Middle School Administrator, interpret test scores and present to administration, teachers, and parents
• Co-host monthly Principal’s Coffees for parents to discuss current issues in the school community
• Support the K ‘Notable Knights program to encourage positive character traits and Student Learning Goals
• Work in Collaboration with the Elementary School Principal in the development of class and teacher schedules
• Review of all Middle School students report cards
• Coordinate with Admissions Department on new student applicants
• Coordinate with Admissions Department for assembling of class lists
• Organize, schedule and oversee all aspect of Teacher SMART Goals program for Middle School teachers.
• Formally observe and evaluate all Middle School classroom teachers on an annual basis
• Oversee and monitor the new faculty mentor program for Middle School teachers
• Actively be involved in the WCEA/WASC accreditation process and other local/state/national associations and accreditations
The ideal candidate will have the following in addition to being a practicing Catholic.
• Minimum of five years’ successful experience as a school principal at the lower and/or middle school level
• A valid and current administrative credential or a graduate degree from a related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Hours: Twelve-month, exempt employee
Reports to: Head of School (96)
Incoming search terms:
- saint anne school