This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Healthcare/Medicine, PT Employee
Aid to Women Center Pregnancy and Medical Clinic (Tempe, AZ)
Time Commitment: 16 Hours/week
Pay: Based on experience
Starting Date: May, 2013 (or sooner)
Immediate Supervisor: Center Director
Directly Supervises: Nurses
1) A licensed, practicing OB Gyn, MD, PA or Nurse Practitioner with extensive OB GYN experience.
2) Expresses full agreement with the Centers Mission Statement, and scope of care.
3) Expresses full agreement with the practices and goals of a pro-life crisis pregnancy center.
4) Has excellent communication skills both written and oral.
5) Has experience working with at risk and low-income patients.
Bilingual English & Spanish a plus
1) Provide medical services according to the Mission of Aid to Women Center as outlined in our scope of care. Including:
a. Provision of prenatal care to women up to the onset of labor.
b. Provision of individual consults for pregnant women
c. Arranging when possible for a get-acquainted delivery consultation with a full scope Ob practitioner on staff at a given patient’s chosen hospital for delivery. (This includes arranging with AWC staff for patient records transfer to consulting physicians and delivering hospitals.)
d. Provision of annual well woman examinations, including Pap smears and select blood studies when indicated.
e. In cooperation with clinic nurses, staff, and volunteers, provision of counseling for patients regarding sources of needed assistance e.g. other medical, dental, and social services, the AHCCCS program, post-abortion counseling, reputable adoption programs.
f. Review and sign off on all laboratory studies done on specimens collected at AWC.
g. Review and sign off on all ultrasounds done by AWC staff
h. Conduct ultrasound examinations for pregnant patients when needed.
i. Coordinate obtaining patient medical records from other health care providers and institutions when indicated or prudent.
j. Provide assistance, information, and instructions to nursing staff when needed to facilitate effective provider-patient communication
k. Assist nursing staff with patient flow on medical clinic days in whatever manner feasible, e.g. turning over consultation rooms, weighing patients, and facilitating patient urine specimen collection.
l. Accurately and legibly document in the patient’s chart the salient content of each patient visit and patient phone contact made by provider.
m. Facilitate testing and treatment of AWC patients and their sexual partners, for sexually-transmitted disease.
2) Work with Center Director to:
a. Maintain excellent clinical practices
b. Provide resources and guidance to the clinic staff
c. Evaluate Staff RN & Volunteer RN(s)
d. Advance the Mission of the Center
e. Provide high level compassionate care for all clients (554)
Incoming search terms:
- ahcccs az
- candct center
- clinic gyn
- clinical prenatal care tempe az
- home pregnancy test how accurate in detecting pregnancy
- womens catholic clinic Tempe Az