This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MARRIAGE PREPARATION COORDINATOR
Other, PT Employee
Archdiocese of St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for a Marriage Preparation Coordinator. This position is located at the Cardinal Rigali Center, which is in Shrewsbury, MO. We are a non-profit charitable organization which encompasses 11 counties in eastern Missouri, including the City of St. Louis. There are approximately 190 Parishes, 150 Schools, plus 60 Offices and Agencies.
The Marriage Preparation Coordinator is a part time (24 hrs) position, overseeing all aspects of the implementation of the Archdiocesan marriage preparation programs, and the re-marriage program as well. An attitude of service and attention to the needs of the parishes in the area of marriage preparation are essential to success. The pastor will provide the spiritual and sacramental support for the couples, and the person in this position will assist the pastors and their representatives in their mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate online registration for Archdiocesan Marriage Preparation program & scheduling of classes.
• Archdiocesan Facilitators:
1) Facilitate the training of trainers
2) Evaluate & support the trainers by visiting each Archdiocesan Marriage Preparation site twice per year to provide affirmation & suggestions
3) Offer one formation opportunity per year for the facilitator couples.
• Collaboration is essential:
1) Parishes,apostolates & other agencies: a)Training & development of mentor couples b)Offering informational/educational sessions for priests/deacons on the pre-marital inventory c)support & assist the mission of the parishes, agencies & apostolates & foster open communication with them
2) Foster a spirit of cooperation and Catholic Christian Community within the workplace with all other members of the OLFL staff and other agencies and apostolates within the Archdiocese.
3) Archdiocesan Office of Natural Family Planning: Assist the NFP office to help couples understand God’s plan for their marriage. We propose God’s plan to every couple and pray that they make it part of their lives.
• Works in the evening and on weekends when necessary.
• Prepare a budget and track revenue and expenses for each event.
• Maintain library of vetted resources for Marriage Preparation
• Strive to advance the mission of the Office of Laity and Family Life with a concentration in Marriage Preparation.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• Thorough understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church related to Marriage and NFP as approved by the Magisterium
• A knowledge of and commitment to the dimensions of Catholic theology regarding marriage including Theology of the Body
• The ability to articulate clearly and charitably the Church’s teaching regarding same sex couples
• Either course work or practical experience in pastoral, ministry, family life ministry, etc
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Access.
• Bi-lingual Spanish encouraged (189)
Incoming search terms:
- archdioce st louis
- archdiocese of st louis
- archdiocese of st louis marriage preparation
- archdiocese st louis december marriage prep
- cardinal rigali center st louis
- diocese of saint louis marriage preparation
- marriage preparation catholic
- saint monica catholic church st louis mo