This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MARKETING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Central Texas (Austin, TX)
Catholic Charities of Central Texas only accepts online applications. To apply, please visit our website http://ccctx.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ’s mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for design and implement an organizational wide marketing plan, maintain the publications calendar, plan and manage events and press conferences, and serve as a public face for the agency in the community. The position is formally supervised by the Director of Advancement and has wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Responsible for the development of an agency wide marketing plan that includes a theme that ties to our overall strategy map, communication strategies, and tactics. Responsible for execution of the plan and all marketing materials.
• Responsible for the brand of Catholic Charities of Central Texas and establishing brand recognition and meaning for the organization.
• Manage the department publication timeline and content for one Annual Report and PowerPoint, three newsletters, three sets invites/programs/signage for fundraisers, direct mail campaigns, and more.
• Manage vendor relations associated with marketing materials and event planning.
• Plan and execute community events, press conferences, and fundraising events including all the event management logistics such as location, invites, press releases, setup, food, and day-of program management.
• Manage and update the agency website and social media sites on an ongoing basis.
• Oversee agency photo database and take pictures to increase quality photography
• Serve as an external spokesperson for the agency.
• Secure all editorial calendars and manage PR pitching/events calendar
• Proactively manage all media relations including press log, marketing material check-outs, update press kit and materials annually and serve as inter-agency liaison to manage individual program public relations needs.
• Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
• Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of web site and social media management.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Skill in photography.
• Skill in graphic design.
• Skill in writing: web copy, newsletters, e-newsletters, social media content, brochure/collateral material copy, proposals, speeches, etc.
• Skill in developing interpersonal relationships to foster long term partnerships.
• Skill in oral presentation.
• Ability to communicate ideas through graphic design.
• Ability to process changes with short notice.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
• Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
• Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English/Journalism, Public Relations Marketing, Graphic Design or related field of study from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country..
• 3 (three) years of full time wage earning directly related work experience.
• A portfolio of graphic design work available if requested.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period. (209)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities marjeting job austin
- Fundraising For Catholic Charities