This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MANAGER COMMUNICATIONS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Management, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Office of Catholic Education, seeks a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for Manager-Communications and Special Events at John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School.
Located in Center City Philadelphia, America’s oldest all-girl Catholic High School seeks an enthusiastic, highly effective Manager-Communications and Special Events for its fund raising and enrollment programs. This exciting but challenging opportunity will require the Manager to strategically communicate and elevate the mission and important work of the school through all forms of contemporary communications and creative special events.
Candidate must be able to successfully meet organizational and professional goals and to think and act both strategically and tactically. This position requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and verbal skills.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and serving as a member of the President’s Advancement Team, the Manager-Communications and Special Events works collaboratively with the President, Director of Advancement and Director of Enrollment Management in effectively communicating the mission, brand and message for a variety of purposes while also designing and managing an ongoing series of special events to position the school for optimum fund raising and enrollment success.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in multiple areas of communications and special event management.
• Understanding and support of the mission of Catholic education.
• Working knowledge and demonstrable skill with all forms of social media, including web communications, facebook, twitter, linked-in, etc.
• Working knowledge and skill with still and video photography.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills readily focused on specific target audiences and purposes.
• Experience and ability to inspire and work with volunteers in creating, preparing and implementing special events of varying size and purposes.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Candidates interested in the position of Manager-Communications and Special Events should send their cover letter and resume to Mr. James Molnar, HR Manager for Secondary Schools at the Office of Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Philadelphia, 222 North Seventeenth Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19103 or [email protected]
The deadline for application is June 23, 2014.
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. Office of Catholic Education may waive qualifications relating to experience and education if such a waiver is warranted by other considerations. (197)
Incoming search terms:
- Eductiion Communications
- Manager of communications and special events for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia salary range