This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Melbourne Central Catholic High School (Melbourne, FL)
The Major Gifts Officer will be an innovative development professional responsible for cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts for Melbourne Central Catholic High School (MCC) as part of the development office team. The position will report directly to the school president. This individual will have experience building long term relationships with alumni, donors and prospects, and a proven track record in identifying, cultivating and closing five and six figure gifts. As a member of the development team, this person will work to meet MCC’s short and long term fundraising goals.
• To identify and cultivate major gift prospects, direct the annual fund, promote the memorial gift program and provide management of gift process.
• Personally participate in gift solicitation activities requiring direct contact with prospects including gift solicitation.
• Train board members, staff and other volunteers on a one-on-one basis to assist with major gifts cultivation and solicitation. Develop training materials/activities, solicitation scripts, and other sources of support needed to prepare those who are involved with major gift activities.
• Identify potential new sources of support from individuals, community organizations, corporations and foundations. Develop strategies to cultivate and solicit these prospects.
• Exercise good judgment and adhere to highest ethical standards. Maintain discretion in interactions with donors, prospects and others.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business, Marketing, Sales Management, Non-Profit Management or closely related field.
• Five to seven years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably for educational or Catholic institution.
• A working style characterized by high energy, patience, compassion, optimism, absolute integrity, excellent listening skills and strong commitment to collegiality and transparency.
• Demonstrated success in cultivating prospects and securing major gifts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with many constituencies.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present a compelling and inspiring vision both one-on-one and in a group setting.
• Proficiency in MS WORD, Excel and Power Point. (314)
Incoming search terms:
- central middle school melbourne fl
- melbourne Cental Catholic High School
- memorial gifts program