MAJOR GIFTS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Human Life International (Front Royal, VA)
Position Title: Major Gifts Development Officer
Reports To: Director of Development
Compensation Plan: Exempt, Full-Time
Eligible Benefits: All benefits per the HLI Employee Handbook
BFOQ: This position has a bona fide occupational qualification as follows: knowledge of the Catholic Faith; its beliefs, practices, liturgy, structure, and protocol. Requires a complete understanding of the organization’s position on life issues and signing the HLI Non-Disclosure Agreement and the HLI Statement of Faith.
Position Summary: The Major Gifts Development Officer (MGDO) works in a team environment to grow the scope of the development effort. The MGDO is responsible for soliciting and stewardship of major donors and planned giving supporters. The MGDO must be able to function at a high level within a matrix environment by working directly with the President, executive staff, and various department heads. This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while generating new gift sources.
This position requires the ability to travel locally or for trips of two or three consecutive days requiring overnight stays, and requires after hours work.
Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Cultivate, solicit, and secure major gifts from individuals and corporations.
• Design and implement individual plans and strategies to cultivate, advance and successfully solicit gifts of $5,000 or more.
• Manage a major giving prospect pool of 200+ donors/prospects.
• Develop and maintain donor and prospect relationships via face-to-face visits, letters, and telephone calls.
• Schedule the President and other HLI staff, where appropriate, to meet with donors/prospects.
• Respond to donor inquiries regarding bequests, life income gifts and other gift planning vehicles.
• Ensure effective major donor gift stewardship and communication.
• Prepare written proposals for donors.
• Participate in conferences and special events attended by HLI. This includes, but is not limited to, planning, donor/prospect opportunities, staffing the event table, and event dinners.
• Provide to senior management, as required, reports detailing major giving activities, plans and status of donor proposals.
• Ensure that all relevant major giving data on donors is entered into Raisers Edge on a timely and accurate basis.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- major gift officer front royal virginia
- hli statement of faith