Maintenance/Trades, PT Employee
St. Catherine of Siena (Wake Forest, NC)
Saint Catherine of Siena Church and School (SCS) is seeking applications for the position of Maintenance Assistant at its campus in Wake Forest, NC. The Maintenance Assistant will assist the Campus Engineer in the oversight of building and grounds operations and maintenance, as well as custodial and janitorial work at the church and school.
The qualified applicant will have the following attributes:
• A minimum of 5 years in a building maintenance position(s)
• Strong experience in building engineering/facilities management/property management
• Direct, hands- on experience in maintaining HVAC, plumbing, and commercial electrical systems
• Be flexible, with the ability to prioritize tasks and goals
• Able to work independently
• Be a practicing Catholic
• Understand and be committed to the SCS Mission
• Responsive to, and understanding of, the unique needs of faith- based facility management
• Able to pass a background check (due to proximity to children)
• Possess the physical strength and physical agility/ability to lift and carry at least 70 lbs.
Aspects of this position include:
1. This position will involve day-to-day building maintenance and operations including custodial and janitorial oversight, minor capital improvements and ongoing repairs and maintenance and snow removal for the church and school. This position will include assisting with special event set- up and break down, and may require custodial level duties at times.
2. This position is an “exempt” position with some flexibility as to work hours. However, the Maintenance Assistant will be expected to be available to be on- site Saturday afternoon/evenings and Sunday, as well as church holidays to provide exceptional Facilities Building Engineering Services.
3. This part time 20hr/wk position, will require flexibility unique to a church and school schedule.
4. This position is ideal for the experienced building engineer seeking a less than full- time position where one can become an integral part of a church family.
5. The successful candidate will be familiar with the use of hand tools and power tools and may be called upon from time to time to do minor repairs.
6. The successful candidate will be able to distinguish from tasks that can be completed with on- site custodial and janitorial staff and those that will require the use of outside vendors or contractors.
Interested Candidates are asked to send a Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- saint catherine of siena catholic church