This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
General Labor, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Office for Youth and Young Adult Evangelization of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Assistant. This opening is to fill a newly created position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Provides grounds keeping and maintenance for all facilities and equipment at camp properties. Responsible for following a systematic program for preventative maintenance and upkeep as outlined by the Director, as well as responding to requested maintenance tasks to ensure that all program needs are met in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Ensures for the maintenance and upkeep of all buildings and equipment. Keeps accurate records on expenditures, weekly schedules, and monthly reports. Prepares and submits needed documents in all of these areas as need or requested.
2. Assures the completion of a preventative maintenance program for buildings, grounds,
and equipment as scheduled and assigned by the Director. Ensures that facilities and
equipment meet federal, state, ACA, and local regulations.
3. Completes maintenance tasks as assigned or requested through the Maintenance Request System instituted by the Director, and brings any concerns/hazards to the attention of the supervisor. Collaborates with seasonal staff, contracted workers and volunteers to complete any additional tasks as requested.
4. Maintains and organizes the shop to ensure that tools and equipment are accounted for and in good repair.
5. Engages in the proper safety practices and follows proper safety protocols for the Diocese when working at heights, on ladders, with chemicals or power tools, or as other situations warrant.
6. Maintains the upkeep and cleanliness of the facilities and grounds.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry
of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in
support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
a. High School Diploma and qualifying experience.
a. 3-5 years experience in maintenance and upkeep of buildings, facilities, and grounds.
b. Skilled and experienced in all or some of the following: carpentry, plumbing,
electrical and/or landscaping.
c. Experience and comfortable working with an arborist chainsaw and other tools and
methods used in the pruning and/or removal of trees or shrubs.
2. Other Elements:
a. Commitment to the mission and values of OYYAE.
b. Ability to work independently and as a team.
c. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
d. Familiarity and ability to operate Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office programs such as
Excel and Word.
e. Physical ability to perform job tasks including but not limited to lifting, bending, reaching,
f. Comfortable working at heights and with ladders, utilizing the proper safety harnesses and
g. Must own transportation and possess a valid Washington State driver’s license.
h. Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (132)