This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Marin Catholic (Kentfield, CA)
Marin Catholic High School in Kentfield, CA would like to fill the position of Library Assistant for the 2014-15 school year.
Marin Catholic is a Roman Catholic, co-ed college prep Archdiocesan high school located in Kentfield, CA. It has an enrollment of approximately 720 students and a staff of 100 teachers, administrators and classified staff.
This is an 80% FTE, non-exempt position which begins in August 2014.
The Library Assistant works under the supervision of the Librarian/Library Media Specialist. The position requires a sophisticated range of clerical, technical and research skills. Applicants should be comfortable with technology in general and be willing to adapt to changes in educational technology in a Mac-based setting.
The Library Assistant will work in an environment of consistent interruption and will be expected to have great flexibility, patience and an enjoyment of working with high school students.
The Library Assistant will be responsible for;
- enforcing library rules so as to provide an atmosphere conducive to study.
- managing the circulation desk (carefully recording the circulation of books, flash drives, camera, headphones, iPads, laptops and power devices).
- assisting in processing, shelving and inventory of library materials.
- updating budget spreadsheets.
- monitoring behavior of large groups of students during Break, Lunch and up until the arrival of the After School Library Assistant.
- assisting the Librarian/Library Media Specialist in facilitating class research by helping to circulate print collections or setting up computers/iPads for classes inside the Library, or circulating materials to classrooms.
- recording data on usage of print collections and electronic devices
The Marin Catholic Library Assistant combines clerical, technical and crowd control skills in support of many facets of the modern library program. The Library Assistant helps supervise small groups and individual students who come to the library from classrooms throughout the day. This is especially critical when the Librarian/Library Media Specialist is providing whole class or individual instruction on Information Literacy or planning research projects with teachers.
- Approximate workday will be 7.45am to 3.15pm
-Must have 2-4 years experience with Apple software and hardware.
-Ability to multi-task in high volume environments
-Experience with Google Apps, Drive, Docs, Gmail etc, helpful
-Experience with Audio/Video equipment, Airplay, Apple TV, projectors etc, a plus
Please email resume or work experience if interested in this position.
Librarian/Library Media Specialist
675 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.
Kentfield CA 94904 (109)