This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Law, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Falls Church, VA)
Hogar Legal Immigration is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to work in their Falls Church VA office. The candidate must be bilingual in English and Spanish (writing and speaking). He or she will work with and support attorneys and BIA accredited representatives to provide immigration legal services. They will manage and oversee weekly intake process. Assist in the preparation of cases for submission to USCIS and the National Visa Center, including assisting clients in completing case-related applications and forms.
• Coordinates case acceptance process by meeting with clients to collect information and documents required for case submission.
• Monitors deadlines and contacts clients to follow up on case matters.
• Processes incoming case-related correspondence and phone calls. Makes appropriate entries in case management system.
• Assists with file maintenance and review.
• Assists in preparing client invoices and managing client payment plans.
• Provides translations and interpretation for non-English speaking clients.
• Provides administrative support to the program director, including assistance with internal and external reporting requirements, including maintaining volunteer database.
• Provides other related duties as assigned, such as copying and making daily runs to the post office.
• Commitment to the mission and goals of Catholic Charities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Two+ years’ experience working in a law firm or non-profit preferred.
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish required (writing and speaking).
• Cultural sensitivity and prior experience working with the immigrant community preferred.
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and web-based databases.
• Attention to detail and an ability to multi-task required.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls, please. (312)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities of va