This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
LEADERSHIP CONSULTANT -PART TIME
Other, PT Employee
Catholic Leadership Institute (Wayne, PA)
Catholic Leadership Institute seeks 2-3 part-time Leadership Consultants for service delivery to Catholic dioceses, priests and lay leaders. The part-time Leadership Consultant is responsible for presenting leadership development instructional programs and completing all associated functions. Part-time Leadership Consultants may also be on project delivery teams that include consulting and coaching and may travel up to 4-10 days/month including up to 3-6 actual delivery days (usually held on weekdays). Travel may also include international destinations.
Onboarding: Both full-time and part-time Leadership Consultants participate in a training and formation program to equip them to effectively serve in their role. Once trained, they are typically assigned to projects with a more experienced Leadership Consultant.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering soft skills leadership training to adult learners, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats to include role playing, team exercises, group discussions, videos, lectures and blended learning.
• Demonstrated experience with leadership development strategies, methods, and best practices with consulting experience in a church or non-profit setting a plus.
• Experience working independently over periods of time without daily direction.
• Experience leading others in organizations preferred.
• 5-10 years staff or key volunteer leadership experience in a Catholic parish, diocese or organization strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of Catholic culture, structures, parish life, ministries, and roles.
• Knowledge of adult learning theories, learning styles, and adult motivation techniques.
• Classroom management and group facilitation skills; ability to actively engage learners.
• Management, mentoring and/or coaching skills,
• Project management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organization.
• Working knowledge with Microsoft products required.
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Educational Background Desired: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Psychology, Organizational Development, Theology or related fields. Master’s Degree preferred.
A complete application includes a resume and a cover letter describing the candidate’s reasons for considering the position and perceptions of what makes him/her a good fit. For consideration, please e-mail the cover letter and resume to: Sr. Ellen Doyle, OSU, CLI Manager, Training & Development, at [email protected] All applications will be acknowledged. Phone screenings will be made with selected candidates before face-to-face interviews in November. Please NO phone calls.
About Catholic Leadership Institute
Now in its 23rd year of operation, Catholic Leadership Institute has reached national prominence; ministering with priests, diocesan and lay leaders in over 125 Dioceses in the United States and Canada. The two-year ongoing priestly formation curriculum Good Leaders, Good Shepherds combines the science of leadership with the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. Through this process, priests are taught more efficient and effective ways to lead, inspire and motivate their flocks. In May 2009, Catholic Leadership Institute launched a parish leadership program for diocesan and parish staff leaders titled, Tending the Talents, a complementary curriculum to Good Leaders, Good Shepherds that seeks to strengthen the overall quality of ministerial relationships and increase the quality of parish life and leadership. Catholic Leadership Institute evolved its post-graduate services to support the ongoing application of best practices, continued formation in leadership skills and intentional fraternal support begun in Good Leaders, Good Shepherds. These services are offered through a blended learning program of online activities, classroom discussions, and parish application.
With the encouragement of its partner bishops, Catholic Leadership Institute sponsors unprecedented ongoing leadership formation for the Catholic episcopacy. These sessions focus on instinctive leadership behaviors, developed values and versatility as a bishop. Other topics offered include Power & Grace of Vision, Discerning, Defining, and Implementing Pastoral Priorities, Effective Media and Communications Strategies, and Leadership in the New Evangelization.
In 2011, Catholic Leadership Institute expanded its services, once again, to include diocesan consulting. In this area, Catholic Leadership Institute works directly with the bishops and their teams to develop a tailored diocesan strategy. In 2014, a new Leadership tool: Disciple-Maker Index, designed to measure an individual parishioner’s spiritual growth and the parish’s overall health and effectiveness, was piloted in 22 parishes. (86)
Incoming search terms:
- parish disciple maker index curiculum by cli
- sr ellen doyle cathol leadership national association of church