This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
JUSTICE AND PEACE COORDINATOR
Pastoral Ministry, PT Employee
Office for Human Dignity – Diocese of Joliet (Romeoville, IL)
TITLE Coordinator of Justice and Peace
AGENCY Office for Human Dignity
SUPERVISOR Office for Human Dignity Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Coordinator leads the office in assisting Catholics of the Joliet Diocese in knowing their faith and addressing such issues as poverty, faithful citizenship, human rights, immigration reform, domestic policy, peace, and care for Creation. In promoting respect for human life and dignity, the office works through programs such as Justice Education, JustFaith, formation and support for Parish Peace and Justice Committees and the Catholic Campaign for Human Development. In addition, this office resources other agencies regarding the Social Doctrine of the Church.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the programs of Justice and Peace such as: Justice Education, Parish Outreach, Catholic Campaign for Human Development, Restorative Justice, and Legislative Advocacy.
• Supervise staff, consultants, and volunteers: Catholic Campaign for Human Development Coordinator.
• Develop, in collaboration and cooperation with the various departments, other diocesan agencies, and relative organizations, education programs and events to foster awareness and bring formation in Catholic Social Thought, such as the annual Peace Day, Peace and Justice Institute, et al.
• Provide resource and counsel to parish peace and justice committees, Peace and Justice Institute graduates, JustFaith graduates, and other parish and community social justice ministers.
• Publish, through the Ministry website, “paxjoliet.org,” social media, and electronically, educational and advocacy resources for the network of justice workers, parishes, colleges, schools and religious communities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, maintain, and activate the Diocesan Legislative Advocacy Network (primarily on matters of domestic policy.)
• Co-Convene, with the Missions Coordinator, the Joliet Diocese Social Justice Coalition.
• Advocate and foster an awareness of the issues of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Catholic Conference of Illinois.
• Organize state and federal lobby visits.
• Oversee the various committees: Restorative Justice, Immigration Reform, Care of Creation, etc.
• Represent, along with the Director of Office for Human Dignity, the diocese on the Community Affairs Committee of the Catholic Conference of Illinois.
• Prepares and supervises office budget and maintains office and financial records and correspondence.
• Keeps up-to-date in professional reading and current events.
• A practicing Catholic
• A Masters Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, or related field.
• Knowledge of the social doctrine of the Church.
• Five years experience in diocesan and/or parish social justice ministry.
• Excellent public speaking ad presentation skills
• Strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
• Excellent leadership, human relations, and interpersonal skills
• A self-starter and be well organized; and a team player.
• Be proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
• Possess the ability to train individuals and lead training events.
• Able to fund raise as required.
• Ability to be conversational in Spanish a plus.
Requires a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends as required. (558)
Incoming search terms:
- 2013 current events on human dignity
- office of human dignity joliet diocese il
- Office of Human Dignity Joliet Diocese
- office for human dignity justice and peace ministry
- justfaith programs in diocese of joliet
- human dignity for peace education
- director diocese of joliet human dignity
- diocese peace justice director jobs
- diocese of joliet office of human dignity listening session
- diocese of joliet justice and peace coordinator