This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
JUNIOR-HIGH FULL-TIME STEM TEACHER
Education: Middle/High School, FT Contract
Visitation Catholic STEM Academy (Tacoma, WA)
Position Description: Visitation Catholic STEM Academy seeks a strong Catholic, dynamic, enthusiastic, and energetic multi-age, blended learning, junior-high full-time teacher who has a strong background in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
• Broad knowledge of the Church’s teaching on the moral, ethical, and responsible use of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
• Careful understanding of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the ability to teach the Catholic faith to students.
• Capacity to create experiential and hands-on learning activities and lessons.
• Successful and proven knack for maintaining strong academic rigor and preparing students for high school and beyond-study skills, holding students accountable.
• Successful and proven knack for teaching and assessing learning in multiple ways-involve assessments that are formal or informal, high-or low-stakes, individual or collective.
• Ability to prepare students for high academic performance and foster their lifelong love of math and science, and create new pathways for them to pursue academic and professional careers in the technical fields.
• Inclusive knowledge of middle school math-Geometry, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Probability, Statistics.
• Comprehensive knowledge of middle school science-biology, chemistry, and physics.
• Detailed knowledge of the engineering design process.
• Methodical knowledge of computer programming and robotics-Finch robots, Lego robotics, Snap!, Scratch, Java, C++
• Aptitude to create innovative middle school STEM lessons based on the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), National Math Standards, Washington State Science and Math Standards, Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
• Practicing Catholic in good standing
• Teacher’s life-style and conduct must be compatible with Catholic moral values and with Catholic teaching.
• Catechist Certification
• Experience working with middle school students preferred.
• Highly skilled at building relationships with children and families.
• Experience creating and maintaining a positive learning environment.
• Use a variety of instructional strategies to help all students learn.
• Ability to collect meaningful data to drive instruction in a way that all students will have an opportunity to learn.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with other employees, parents, and students where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
• Team player who will consistently collaborate with all grade levels and other staff.
• Willingness to participate in building and Archdiocesan professional development.
• Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality in all matters pertaining to students, parents, staff, and program.
• Experience providing an enthusiastic and positive learning climate that promotes appropriate behavior and successful learning.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in science, math, and technology.
• Valid Washington State teaching certificate with appropriate endorsements.
• Provide letter from pastor/canonical leader as proof of good standing
• Fully completed Archdiocese of Seattle AppliTrack application with all supporting documentation (e.g.-cover letter, resume, references, transcripts, proof of years of prior certificated teaching experience)
• Background Clearance
• Archdiocese of Seattle Called to Protect for Ministries
• Archdiocese of Seattle Safe-Environment Training
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary based upon experience and credits earned
• Full Archdiocesan benefits package
• Additional stipend available for junior-high STEM Coordinator position
How to Apply:
If you feel that you would be a good candidate, tell us why in a well-worded cover letter. Also please include your resume along with 3 professional references.
All applicants must also complete an application with the Archdiocese of Seattle Office for Catholic Schools
Please submit all materials to:
Attn: Thomas Jay, Principal
Visitation Catholic STEM Academy
3306 South 58th Street
Tacoma, WA 98409
[email protected] (200)
Incoming search terms:
- thomas jay visitation academy
- Visitation Catholic STEM Academy