This is a syndicated post from The Curt Jester. [Read the original article...]
The Ironic Catholics as a series of It’s cold in the old Church tonight” jokes to which I add:
- Multiple people chipped fingernails reaching into the frozen Holy Water font.
- It is reported that in some parishes more people actually made it to the end of Mass as the church was warmer than braving the cold out in the parking lot.
- Inculturation lead to statues being dressed in snow parkas to fit in including mittens for the Infant Jesus Of Prague statue.
- Coffee and donuts were cancelled in the Parish Hall in favor of Hot Chocolate and donuts Flambé.
- The sound of twigs snapping turns out to be people’s fronzen joints at they make the Sign of the Cross and kneel.