This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Internet/Social Media, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: Reporting to the IT Service Desk Supervisor, assists in the operations of the IT Service Desk by providing support, installation, troubleshooting and training to Pastoral Center, parish and school users and staff. This position requires initiative to prioritize activities, tasks and projects, the technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve problems and the skills to effectively communicate with users. Support is provided in-person, over the phone and over the web. The IT Service Desk provides management and support to end user computers environments (Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX), to components and peripherals (printers and scanners), to mobile devices (Blackberry, Android, iPhone and iPad). The IT Service Desk also provides end user support in the proper use of standard office software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, web based solutions).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as front line support for IT Service Desk requests (calls, email, and in-person).
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems. Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex desktop / laptop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions to ensure that the supported desktop and laptop environments are functional and support the office and business needs of the users.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to computer desktops and laptops; including the installation of CPUs, Video and NIC cards, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, CD/DVDs, and so on.
• Collaborate with other technicians and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s computing environment.
• Provide guidance and assistance to new users in the proper use of solutions within the environment.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations. Log all requests in the IT Service Desk system.
• Provides support on the mobile phone and office phone environments.
• Responsible for maintaining all IT Services inventories which include spare parts, peripherals, toner, supplies, PCs/laptops, phones and printers.
• Responsible for supporting and troubleshooting the Xerox multi-function printers.
• Provide audio and video support for conference rooms in the Pastoral Center.
• Create and maintain IT Service Desk procedures, how-to-do technical documentation and other communications to promote effective use of information technology within the environment.
• Always interact in positive, effective, approachable, and professional manner with all staff; consistent follow-up with users.
• Regularly perform preventative maintenance tasks, commission and decommission computers according to company procedure.
• Formal Education & Certification
o College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems or related field and 3 years IT Service Desk experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
o Professional Certifications (CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), MCSA Desktop Infrastructure, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), and/or Apple Certified Associate or Support Professional) preferred.
• Knowledge & Experience
o Excellent technical knowledge of PC and Mac desktop hardware and laptops.
o Excellent technical knowledge of Windows XP / 7 and OS X.
o Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
o Extensive experience in support an office environment and remote users.
o Working technical knowledge of current operating systems and standards.
o Experience working on VoIP telephone systems a plus.
• Other Attributes
o Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills.
o Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
o Works well with users and has a pleasant personality.
o Ability to assume and maintain full control of project and tasks, to include daily prioritization of all tasks.
o Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
o Strong service orientation.
o Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
o Requires occasional off-hour work for special projects.
o Local travel may be required to support other business locations.
o Must have access to reliable transportation and be willing to travel off-site.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] (251)
Incoming search terms:
- which computer hardware is used in standard operating theatre