This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Diocese of Savannah, Ga (Savannah, GA)
The Diocese of Savannah is seeking a dynamic accounting professional for the position of Internal Auditor. This position is a member of the diocesan management team and reports to the CFO.
• Maintains audit program for Parish/School Financial and Internal Control Audit
• Identifies noncompliant issues, prepares reports and offers recommendations for improvement
• Maintains audit program for a Change of Pastor Audit
• Drafts audit reports
• Makes recommendations on systems and procedures being reviewed
• Provides on-site training to pastors, bookkeepers and business managers regarding accounting, internal controls, budgets, taxes and payroll
• Handles special projects for Diocesan financial office
Education and Experience:
• Minimum BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
• CPA with five years’ experience in accounting, three in auditing
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and tax related legislation, regulations and reporting procedures
Candidates must possess strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills; be proficient in computerized accounting systems as well as Excel, Word and QuickBooks; be flexible and able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
This position offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits.
The Diocese of Savannah comprises 90 counties in South Georgia with 55 parishes, 24 missions, 21 Catholic schools and 15 social services centers.
Interested candidates should email a resume, references and salary history to: [email protected] Resumes will be accepted through January 15, 2013. (497)
Incoming search terms:
- average catholic diocese internal auditor salary
- Catholic diocese of Halifax Nova scotia
- internal audit programmes for Catholic Dioceses
- internal diocesan auditor salaries