This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
INTAKE AND ADMIN ASSOCIATE
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Leesburg, VA)
Part-time position: 20 hrs./week
Position Description: Primary responsibilities are:
• Conduct one-on-one financial assistance and food intake with participants of the emergency assistance program.
• Maintain and update case file records.
• Answer the telephone, retrieve voice mail, conduct preliminary screening for potential participant interviews and provide information and referral to callers.
• Maintain and record emergency assistance statistics in excel.
• Produce the monthly and quarterly reports for the Program Manager.
• Participate in the review and reporting for client records in the Performance & Quality Improvement process.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching.
• Support the pantry in loading/unloading food, weighing food and preparing food bags.
• Serve as back-up office manager for the Program Manager.
• Attend occasional evening/weekend functions for the Program Manager.
• Organization/time management/planning skills to include effective multi-tasking and self-motivation.
• Ability to work in a team setting and also to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong listening skills and demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Ability to present a positive professional image.
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree/some college with equivalent work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred..
• Minimum of 2-3 years office administrative experience.
• Social services experience and/or a strong interest in helping underserved populations is a plus.
• Solid working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• The employee is required to lift up to 40 pounds using such items as hand trucks, dollies and/or carts.
• Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to use a computer keyboard and handle food; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Required to stoop, kneel or crouch and climb a ladder.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls, please. EOE. (142)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities in leesburg va
- catholic churches in leesburg va
- intake position job description catholic charities