This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Technology, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Manages the services and support structure of instructional technology for the Assumption community in support of the mission of the College.
1) Responsible for providing support services to faculty and others for instructional technology projects both in and outside the classroom.
2) Manages the learning management system for all Assumption constituents.
3) Provides faculty with the opportunities and support to explore alternative pedagogies including technology integration, assistance with instructional design, and other instruction-related issues.
4) Develops various training materials and documentation about the use of instructional technology.
5) Develops and teaches or facilitates workshops on the effective use of instructional technology.
6) Provides technical support and consultation for disability services and the students they accommodate.
7) Assists in training Helpdesk student workers to be able to answer questions related to instructional technology, and to assist with instructional technology projects.
8) Researches software choices, pricing and implementation methods for instructional technologies.
9) Stays current with developments in instructional technology and promotes appropriate technologies to the faculty.
10) Assists with communications to the campus community, alumni and parents as they relate to instructional technology.
11) Works with the Lab and Classroom Manager to recommend and support instructional software.
12) Plans and documents all responsibilities and functions of the position.
13) Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Educational Technology or related field is preferred.
* Requires experience with online course management systems, preferably Blackboard
* Requires experience and knowledge of instructional design and the ability to effectively demonstrate instructional applications of technologies.
* Requires experience and knowledge of adaptive technologies.
* Requires in-depth knowledge of current Windows, Macintosh and mobile operating systems, and Microsoft Office.
* Requires working knowledge of hardware fundamentals for desktop and laptop computers, multi-media equipment, peripherals and mobile devices.
* Requires the ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Requires the ability to work independently and with others.
* Teaching experience required.
* Provides guidance, recommendations and support for the adaptive technology needs on campus.
* Responsible for managing and partnering with key vendors associated with areas of responsibility.
* Represents Assumption at national and regional conferences. Maintains professional contacts and resources to keep up to date with trends, issues and opportunities.
* Represents the IT department with appropriate committees, offices and agencies regarding Instructional Technology as needed.
* Involved in recommending and shaping instructional technology support and budget decisions for the campus.
* Interacts regularly with students, faculty, offices, support vendors and other IT staff.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr
Please note: Please add salary requirements to cover letter (417)