IMMIGRATION CASE MANAGER
Other, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Central Texas (Austin, TX)
Catholic Charities of Central Texas only accepts online applications. To apply, please visit our website http://ccctx.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Immigration Case Manager
Catholic Charities of Central Texas
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ’s mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The immigration case manager is responsible for case management and legal representation of immigrants in their immigration cases before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and/or EOIR. The position is formally supervised by Director of Immigration Legal Services, and operates with moderate supervision with latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Provide legal representation to immigrants before the USCIS and/or the EOIR.
• Conduct initial assessments on immigration cases to determine eligibility for immigration benefits.
• Prepare immigration cases in family based immigration matters, adjustment of status, Citizenship and Naturalization, VAWA petitions, U visa petitions and other immigration matters.
• Monitor and maintain an organized case load.
• Provide workshops on immigration matters.
• Participate in community outreach events and presentations throughout the Diocese of Austin.
• Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
• Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and skill in immigration laws and procedures
• Ability to advocate for immigrant rights and Catholic Social Teachings
• Skill in communicating, both verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
• Skill in analytical research.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including culturally diverse as well as low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
• Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
• Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Previous experience as an immigration attorney or BIA accredited representative is preferred.
• Bilingual English-Spanish (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing).
• Board of Immigration Appeals Accreditation required for non-attorneys.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic religious immigration lawyers on Austin tx
- u-visa adjustment
- uscis case status