This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Human Resources, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is seeking a Human Resources Manager for Office for Catholic Education. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing the human resources functions in the areas of recruiting and employment, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance management, maintenance of personnel records, legal compliance and strategies to all administrators and staff in the Secondary Schools within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
The major job duties include:
• Assisting and coordinating benefit programs with the Educational Financial Services Office- Health, Dental, 403(b) Defined Contribution Plan, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance for all employees, including all communication, problem solving and claims resolution;
• Managing teacher contracts and benefits complying with the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
• Communicating plan changes/comparisons during Open Enrollment periods and assisting and coordinating annual open enrollment with the Educational Financial Services Office;
• Revising and updating employee handbook and policies as needed;
• Managing administrator and staff recruitment including the place of opportunities in venues;
• Executing issuance of employment offer letters and maintains documentation related personnel including timesheets, performance evaluations, Leave of Absences, disciplinary and termination documentation;
• Consulting administrators and departmental supervisors regarding disciplinary problems, resolving personnel issues and providing mediation when necessary in consultation with the Director of HR;
• Assisting in administrator and staff separation process for both voluntary/involuntary terminations in consultation with the Director of HR;
• Ensuring compliance with federal and state laws such as FMLA, ADA, Unlawful Harassment, Worker’s Compensation;
• Maintain up to date background checks for all employees;
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management;
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources, school or non-profit experience preferred;
• Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR) preferred;
• Proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office, HRIS, Google Docs, Google Drives.
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Strong customer service/communication skills;
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multi-task in an effective manner.
For more information and other job opportunities, please visit www.archphila.org. EOE. (237)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic teaching jobs in philadelphia areas
- compliance manager and archdiocese of philadelphia