HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Human Resources, FT Employee
Catholic Diocese of San Diego (San Diego, CA)
The Catholic Diocese of San Diego, Pastoral Center, has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resources Generalist supports diocesan parishes and schools by providing leadership and consultation on employee relations matters, leaves of absence, worker’s comp, employment law and policy interpretation / application as well as to additional human resources issues.
• Coordinates leaves of absence for all diocesan parish and school employees in accordance with all applicable state and federal leave laws.
• Investigates and resolves employee relations issues – guides the pastor / principal / location administrator in addressing the situation, interprets policies and procedures, makes recommendations which are in compliance with organizational policies and Federal and State law.
• Ensures proper job classifications – analyzes job descriptions, determines FLSA status, facilitates status changes.
• Policy development – prepares and maintains employee handbook, secures advice counsel, as needed.
• Coordinates staffing activities – drafting job descriptions, posts job openings, conducts interviews, resume tracking, etc.
• Responsible for additional HR functional areas such as Worker’s Comp, required trainings, compensation administration.
• Creates various human resources presentations and reports.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge of FMLA / CFRA and experience coordinating leaves of absence.
• Working knowledge of compensation administration.
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proven capability of professionally mature judgment.
• Familiarity with the structure and practices of the Catholic Church.
Education & Experience:
• Four-year college degree in Human Resources or Business area.
• Ten to fifteen years of experience working as a Human Resources Generalist or Human Resources Manager with a proven hands-on approach to HR Management.
• PHR / SPHR certification desirable.
Qualified applicants should send resumes, cover letter and salary expectations no later than March 28, 2014. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- Hr Generalist And Employee Relations
- hr generalist flsa status
- human resorce responsibilities
- human resource issues
- human Resource the knowledge skills and experience