This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Human Resources, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Position Title: Director, Human Resources Department
Location: Human Resources/Baltimore
To Apply: www.crs.org/about/careers
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Human Resources
The Director, Human Resources provides strategic and operational leadership in six main areas:
• Acquisition and development of talent aligned with CRS strategy;
• Operational excellence of all HR functions, including effective communication;
• Total compensation package aligned with agency values, strategy and financial resources;
• Systems for Learning, leadership, performance, succession, and professional development;
• HR Talent Management Strategy development, implementation, evaluation;
• HR Capacity of CRS Field offices.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice-President of Human Resources, the Director coordinates the work of the HR department and leads relationships with CRS divisions to develop agency culture, promote agency mission and values, and implement talent management strategies.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Drive a culture of mission, values, performance and operational excellence. Conduct on-going employee engagement assessments, and provide recommendations and implementation actions to ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness.
• Oversee the development of succession plans, development of high potential employees, timely filling of key positions and ensure that the talent pool for key positions is available
• Articulate a total compensation strategy aligned with agency strategy and values to attract and retain high performing staff dedicated to achieving the mission of CRS.
• Lead a team of human resource professionals in the areas of Employee Training and Development, Compensation, Recruitment, Benefits and Staff Care, Employee Services, Employee Relations, Professional Development and Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS).
• Lead implementation and evaluation of the HR Talent Management Strategy.
• Build a strong HR capacity in CRS field offices to attract, retain and develop national staff.
• Work with Overseas Operations to define a talent strategy examining the respective roles and responsibilities of national and international staff.
• Promote use of HR Information Systems and HR Technology for operational excellence.
• Provide effective consultation and coaching to the Agency’s leadership regarding the human and organizational implications of Agency decisions.
• Assist in the resolution of people and organizational issues with a focus on maintaining positive employee relations while optimizing Agency’s performance.
• Responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all agency guidelines related to Catholic Social Teaching, Guiding Principles, Health, Safety and Security practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
• Responsible for ensuring personal and Agency compliance with all applicable Federal, State, local and agency regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring inter-divisional communication and socialization of HR policies and procedures.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
CRS Leadership Competencies:
• Shapes Strategic Direction
• Thinks and Acts From a “Whole-Agency” View
• Empowers Staff to Excel
• Inspires Trust and Commitment
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: EVP HR, EVPs and VPs, HR Managers, Regional Directors, Senior Managers, Management Quality Community.
External: HR Directors in Peer organizations, Experts in HR in academia and the private sector.
• The ideal personal profile is a creative and strategic thinker possessing practical business orientation and very high energy.
• Should possess the ability to build commitment and consensus through effectively influencing others. Excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills are essential for success in this role.
• Must also possess an ability to communicate at all levels and using various techniques of communication.
• Able to implement strategic initiatives on an agency basis.
• Experience using HR Information Systems.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated business orientation and acumen and the ability to shift easily between strategic initiatives and operational responsibilities.
• Must have the ability to create consultative partnerships and serve as a key advisor to the leadership team.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to function well in a fast-paced, changing interactive environment.
• Must possess a high degree of integrity, professionalism and the ability to establish credibility across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Masters or MBA will be considered an advantage.
• SPHR, CCP, CEBS certifications desired
• A minimum of 10 years of Human Resources experience or the equivalent combination of CRS overseas experience in a senior management role is required. Specific experience in Talent Management, Organization Development, Compensation/Benefits and Employee Relations is highly valued.
• Knowledge of Talent Management Strategies, ERISA, Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans, Medical/Dental, FMLA, Workers Compensation and Disability plans is a plus.
• Experience working in a HR management capacity for a large, diverse non-governmental international organization is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environment: Normal conditions similar to an office environment, based in Baltimore at CRS’ headquarters; willingness and ability to travel overseas.
Major Responsibilities of Position:
• Recruitment, Employee Relations, Benefit and Compensation Administration, Plan Design, Policies, Career Development, Learning, Training, Customer Service
• This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Incoming search terms:
- catholic relief services human resources
- catholic relief baltimore md
- human services inc baltimore md
- Human Resource Management Systems
- human resource management department of h & i
- Eleanor Stein Catholic Relief Services
- CRS Catholic Relief Services
- catholic social services in baltimore
- Catholic Social Services Fort Worth
- catholic relief services human resources HR gale