This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Human Resources, FT Employee
Catholic Charities (Portland, OR)
CATHOLIC CHARITIES – OREGON
Human Resources Director
Reports to: Executive Director
(currently: Interim Co-Executive Directors)
Full time (40 hours/week)
Summary: The Human Resources Director is responsible for managing the Human Resources department, implementing Human Resources policies and programs, and ensuring agency compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Human Resources Director oversees agency staffing and recruiting, compensation and benefits administration, and provides employees and management with HR-related counseling. The HR Director supervises the Training Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage all Human Resources functions for the agency. Establish Human Resources objectives that are in line with organizational objectives. Develop strategies to meet objectives by identifying and researching human resources issues and contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to agency management.
2. Oversee recruitment processes. Provide final approval of all job descriptions.
3. Oversee on-boarding processes. Manage individual new employee orientations.
4. Oversee agency compensation structure and programs.
5. Oversee agency performance review and disciplinary processes.
6. Coordinate terminations and layoffs, as needed.
7. Coordinate internal investigations, as needed.
8. Administer agency benefits program, including compliance and reporting. As such, act as liaison with Archdiocese of Portland.
9. Provide staff and management with human resources advice, technical assistance, counsel, and decisions.
10. Oversee all Human Resources policies and procedures, including the Employee Handbook.
11. Ensure agency compliance with all state and federal employment laws, including wage/hour, FMLA/OFLA, ADA, EEO, etc.
12. Administer worker’s compensation program, including claims, annual audit and reports.
13. Oversee employee safety programs and respond to safety concerns. Act as member of agency Safety Committee.
14. Coordinate with payroll personnel to ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures and all applicable wage/hour laws and regulations.
15. Provide oversight of training planning and supervision of agency’s Training Manager.
16. Provide oversight of personnel record maintenance and tracking processes.
17. Assist with volunteer recruitment and screening.
18. Provide oversight of agency succession planning.
19. Respond to legal matters, as appropriate.
20. Act as a member of the agency Senior Management Team.
21. Act as staff to Board committees, as needed.
22. Support the overall mission of Catholic Charities.
23. Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director.
1. Bachelor’s degree in area related to human resource management required.
2. J.D. or MBA degree preferred.
3. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
4. Minimum of five years experience working as a human resources manager or director, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
5. Proven written and oral communications skills.
6. Ability to skillfully and effectively advise both managers and employees on a variety of employment related questions.
7. Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality with regard to personnel information.
8. Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain composure under stress.
10. High level technical skills in word-processing, desk top publishing, spreadsheet compilation.
11. High tolerance for change and the dynamic nature of a social service organization.
12. Ability to work as an effective team member.
13. Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage special projects and assignments.
14. Working knowledge of Roman Catholic Church structure and social teachings.
15. Ability to support and clearly articulate the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities.
16. Must possess valid Driver’s license and automobile insurance at required level of coverage.
Starting salary is dependent on experience. Please state salary requirements in cover letter.
Application instructions: Please complete the required Catholic Charities application form (available online at www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org) and submit, along with cover letter and resume, to:
2740 SE Powell Blvd #5
Attn: HR Director Position
Portland OR 97202
or by email to [email protected]
Closing Date: January 24, 2014
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (219)
Incoming search terms:
- how to analyse a Human Resources Director skills and knowledge
- human resource director portland maine catholic charities
- Personnel / Human Resource Management