This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Human Resources, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Human Resources Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time HR Specialist. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Manages the day-to-day office operations of the Human Resources Office which includes administrative and technical support to the human resources office staff. Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Archdiocesan (Chancery and parish) human resources policies and compliance with appropriate local, state and federal employment laws and regulations. Provides special projects support to the Director of Human Resources, as needed.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Manages the daily administrative and logistical operations of the Office of Human Resources, communicating with the Associate Director to establish office priorities and delegating tasks as appropriate to the administrative assistant. Develops and maintains office systems and procedures to ensure the efficiency of the day to day workflow and maintenance of a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
2. Administers human resources procedures for Chancery employees. Serves as back-up to the HR Generalist with recruiting, hiring, compensation, employee recognition, termination and unemployment benefits. Serves as a professional resource to Chancery supervisors with implementing human resources policies. Maintains the comprehensive filing system, following established retention procedures.
3. Serves as a professional resource to pastors and other parish supervisors with implementing parish human resources policies. Interprets and applies policies to individual situations.
4. Serves as back-up in scheduling safe environment workshops, as a resource to parish coordinators and safe environment trainers on the safe environment program and its database, and in the administration of the background check program.
5. Provides special projects support to the Director of Human Resources, e.g. research, litigation support, and the annual turnover report.
6. Performs additional administrative/HR related functions which include:
a. The maintenance of HR office financial records including accounts payable and HR office equipment and supplies; serves as the office’s petty cash custodian.
b. The maintenance of human resources office internet pages, including the “Manager’s Toolkit”, assuring the accuracy and timeliness of content regarding archdiocesan policies, applicable employment laws and regulations and appropriate human resources “best practices” information.
c. The timely and accurate submission of human resources office reports including quarterly reporting of wages and hours to the Washington State employment security department and annual reporting of Chancery turnover.
d. Liaises with the Payroll Services Office to ensure data integrity. Conducts monthly audits of leave data to ensure compliance with current policies.
e. Works with the Chancery Payroll Accountant to ensure the integrity of Chancery payroll data.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop;
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Minister.
a. BA or equivalent experience;
b. HR certification preferred.
a. At least 5 years administrative support experience;
b. Experience in an HR environment; a general knowledge in and understanding of applicable employment and HR related laws;
c. Proficient in MS Office tools, particularly Word, Excel and Access;
d. Knowledge of and/or experience in HRIS, experience with UltiPro preferred.
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent communication skills by phone and in person;
b. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative;
c. Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy;
d. Ability to maintain high level of discretion and handle details of a confidential nature;
e. Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
f. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and with multiple tasks;
g. Excellent writing, rewriting, editing and proofreading skills.
h. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people;
i. Bilingual competency, preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (130)
Incoming search terms:
- archdiocese seattle