This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mark Catholic Church (Huntersville, NC)
Position Title: High School Youth Minister
Department: Parish Faith Formation Staff
Supervisor: Director of Faith Formation
This is a full-time position responsible for developing a comprehensive, sustainable youth ministry program that leads high school teens to embrace and nurture a life-long relationship with Christ and His Church by active participation in parish life.
- Effectively implement Life Teen program for St. Mark on Sunday evenings.
- Effectively coordinate Catholic Athletes for Christ (CAC) working with Adult Core team providing direction and thematic catechesis in developing CAC nights.
- Effectively implement additional programs for high school parishioners according to various interests and learning styles as agreed upon with the Pastor. These would include but not be limited to: catechetical formation, service and fellowship programs with parents, peers and parishioners.
Recruitment & Training of Volunteers
- Effectively recruit a Life Teen Core Team comprised of 10-12 adults (18+) that fulfill requirements as a LT Core member and are committed to developing and implementing the Life Teen Program.
- Provide on-going training and enrichment for all youth ministry volunteers through an annual retreat for all youth ministry volunteers in each of the programs.
- Participate in annual stewardship fair, and effectively display opportunities for on-going recruitment of volunteers within youth ministry through effective communication avenues.
- Develop control documents within youth ministry that include the following:
- High School teen student directory
- Annual Events Calendar
- Job Descriptions for all youth ministry volunteers
- Master recruiting list
- Conduct regular planning meetings with all program volunteers
- Develop annual budget and yearly calendar
- Handle registration for special retreats and events
- Assist in other duties as directed by the Pastor and DRE
- Work closely with DRE fostering a youth culture at St. Mark through bulletin, pulpit announcements and current social media.
- Effectively and timely communicate to parents, volunteers, core members and teens about events, updates and opportunities.
- Meet bi-weekly with middle-school coordinator and DRE on planning of events, service opportunities as well as networking on updates within youth ministry locally and nationally.
- Meet bi-monthly with youth ministry review committee, steering committee for youth ministry.
- Meet on a weekly basis with Life Teen core and monthly with CAC Core.
Position Specifications and Requirements
A. Must be a practicing Catholic.
B. Skills, knowledge and/or abilities
a. Strong commitment to Catholic Faith and adhering to the teachings of the Church. Knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, practices and organizational structure. As stated in the Diocesan Employee Handbook, “All employees of the Diocese of Charlotte share in the mission which Christ entrusted to the Church, to spread the Gospel, to serve our brothers and sisters, and to build up the Body of Christ which is the Church. All of our employees must respect, appreciate, and uphold the teachings, principles, legislation, policies and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church in both word and example.”
b. Leadership: utilization of appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals (teens, parents and volunteers)
c. Pastoral Approach to Ministry focusing on teens’ relationship with Christ and the Parish.
d. Strong Organizational skills, able to maintain a vigorous pace with meeting the programming needs of teens, parents and volunteers.
e. Strong Communication skills and the use of social media
f. Knowledgeable through experience and study of innovative and creative approaches to youth ministry.
g. Responsible for completion, tracking and filing of all forms and paperwork required for this position.
h. Responsible for input of budget requirements to the Director of Faith Formation.
C. Education, Training and Experience
a. BA in Theology (or comparable preparation)
b. 3-5 years of youth ministry experience in a leadership position
Salary: Based on education and experience (154)
Incoming search terms:
- st marks episcopal church huntersville nc paeish DRE
- st mark catholic church
- Life Teen Youth Minister St Mark Parish Huntersville NC
- st mark catholic church charlotte nc
- st mark youth minister
- st marks catholic church nc