This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTER
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Matthew Catholic Church (Charlotte, NC)
Position Title: High School Youth Minister
Department: Parish Faith Formation Staff
Supervisor: Director of Faith Formation
Position Summary: This is a full-time position responsible for youth ministry program that encourages and supports high school teens as they begin to develop a life-long relationship with Christ and His Church through active participation in parish activities, ministries, and liturgical opportunities.
Position focus and scope:
• Plan and develop curriculum for the LifeTeen program and implements the weekly Life Nights for high school students, in conjunction with the LifeTeen Core team.
• Plan, develop, and run monthly high school social/service/sports nights in conjunction with our four-person Youth Ministry team.
• Initiate relational ministry opportunities at school functions, athletic events, choirs, bands, and other extracurricular student activities.
• Plan and coordinate a minimum of one weekend retreat per year for high school students, plus mission trips, camps, conferences, as well as social activities beyond regularly scheduled meetings and events.
• Organize and plan a semi-monthly high school Bible study.
• Actively increase participation of the high school teens in parish Youth Ministry opportunities.
• Utilize the Life Teen model as a basis for catechesis, supplementing it as necessary to include all aspects of the comprehensive model as outlined in Renewing the Vision.
• Set annual goals and objectives for the High School Youth Ministry program.
Recruitment and Training of Volunteers:
• Work with volunteer service coordinator (REACH) to help plan service opportunities and direct teens into fulfilling forms of service.
• Recruit, train, and coordinate efforts of multiple adult volunteers, including but not limited to a LifeTeen Core Team, sports ministry Core Team, and parent support volunteers; and provides for their enrichment.
• Prepare and run Core Team meetings.
• Work closely with Parent Life volunteer coordinator to build the support web of parents interested in helping with all aspects of Youth Ministry.
• Work closely with the Middle School Youth Ministry Team to support their efforts and help with their projects when needed.
• Be available, as part of the Youth Ministry team, to help with any aspect of Vacation Bible School as needed.
• Work with the Coordinator of Confirmation and RCIA for Teens.
• Work with the Athletic Director to coordinate the InterFaith Basketball League.
• Work closely with the Young Adult Life Ministry to support their efforts.
• Act as the staff liaison for StrengthsQuest and other youth engagement initiatives.
• Attend Youth Ministry Steering Committee meetings and be prepared to update the committee with current youth ministry events, long range plans, etc.
• Attend parish staff meetings and maintain effective communication and relationships with all members of the parish staff.
• Attend a weekly Youth Ministry Team meeting where all members update each other on current projects, brainstorm, and pray for the teens, our programs, and the ministry.
• Contribute to the Youth Ministry e-news, to be sent monthly to all families of 6th-12th graders.
• Keep the parish faith community informed of youth ministry activities and goals, and solicit support for the ministry.
• Is available for and has set times for listening, advising, and referral, both to students and parents.
• Develop and help maintain a youth ministry database.
The successful candidate is a faithful and passionate Catholic who strives to lead a life of personal holiness and expresses a heartfelt desire to lead high school teens closer to Christ. The position is responsible for overseeing the high school program with vision, including catechetical nights, retreats, and social events. Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Previous experience with high school relational youth ministry
• Familiarity with or willingness to learn about the Life Teen ministry
• Organization, management, and programming skills in such areas as religious education, spiritual development, and social interaction
• Good communication skills, including social media and computer knowledge
• Ability to empower, lead, and work with an adult and high school ‘Core’ team of volunteers who work directly with the teens
• Ability to work in collaboration with the Pastor, Parochial Vicar, Faith Formation Director, Youth Ministry team and parish staff (130)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic schools charlotte nc
- charlotte catholic high school
- st matthews catholic school
- st matthews catholic school charlotte nc
- st matthews youth group charlotte nc
- youth minister position