This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
St. Catherine of Siena Academy (Wixom, MI)
St. Catherine of Siena Academy
High School Principal
Full-time, salaried position with benefits
Reports directly to the President
St. Catherine of Siena Academy is looking for an experienced professional to lead the school’s mission of educating young women to develop their “feminine genius” – their unique identity, and gifts as women created in the image of God. A high level of professionalism and a strong decision-making ability are critical for the success in this role. The ideal candidate will integrate his/her gifts, skills, creativity, and talents to establish high standards of academic excellence, dynamic student life, and an atmosphere of vibrant faith in Christ.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Hire, retain and supervise high-caliber faculty and staff, in consultation with the President, who are committed to the mission of the Academy.
• Design, in consultation with faculty and the academic committee, the curriculum of the school and oversee successful curriculum implementation and teaching methods to ensure academic excellence.
• Assure the development and implementation of athletic programs, extra-curricular programs, and service opportunities in keeping with the Academy’s mission.
• Promote excellence in behavior and character development among the students.
• Oversee the design and execution of the school calendar, class course selection, and daily schedule.
• Actively participate in the school’s recruitment program and accept students in accordance with approved criteria
• Communicate effectively with parents through various methods.
• Communicate effectively with faculty and staff through various methods
• Maintain awareness of trends in education and participate in continuing education programs.
• Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the President.
• Must be a practicing Catholic with a vision for transforming Catholic education
• MA required in Education
• State Department of Education Administrator’s certificate (Michigan or other state recognized by the Michigan Department of Education)
• 3+ years experience as a high school administrator
• Clear, effective, and professional written and verbal communication skills
• High level of flexibility and collaboration
• Demonstrated commitment to Catholic education
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Pope John Paul II philosophy and understanding of the “feminine genius” and the new evangelization.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation to:
St. Catherine of Siena Academy
Attn: Lia Johnston
28200 Napier Road
Wixom, MI 48393
For additional information visit www.saintcatherineacademy.org (101)
Incoming search terms:
- St Catherines of Seina Academy wixom
- St Catherine of Siena Biography
- change in principal at St Catherine of Siena Academy
- saint catherine wixom mi softball
- saintcatherineacademy new principal announced about
- st catherine high school novi mi
- st catherine st catherine of siena high school novi principal