This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Middle/High School, FT Contract
Sacred Heart School (East Grand Forks, MN)
Principal for Sacred Heart Catholic High School
Sacred Heart Catholic School in East Grand Forks, Minnesota is seeking a principal for their high school (grades 7-12). The principal’s primary objective is to ensure successful learning within a welcoming, safe Catholic Christian environment. At the same time, the principal gives priority to fostering an active school faith community in the context of the larger parish communities. The individual will serve as the education and spiritual leader of the school. The principal reports to the Pastor/Superintendent. Sacred Heart is a parochial school in northwest Minnesota with a parish of approximately 1200 families and a school of approximately 300 students K-12. It is an important faith formation ministry of Sacred Heart Church. Sacred Heart High School enrolls students from the Sacred Heart Parish, Grand Forks, North Dakota area Catholic Parishes and non-Catholic students. Sacred Heart Catholic School exists to promote faith in Jesus Christ, to educate youth, and to minister to all.
• Master’s Degree in Education Administration or related field. Be licensed in the state of Minnesota or achieve licensure.
• Knowledge of high school education/curriculum and instruction.
• A strong commitment to the Catholic education as well as a regular witness in his/her parish community. Must be a practicing Christian, Catholic preferred.
• A passion for and ability to infuse a faith-filled environment with academic excellence.
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
• Must be an effective manager that will oversee the day-to-day activities of the school yet be able to facilitate long term planning.
• Identify and implement needed change.
• Be reflective, inclusive and decisive.
• Seeks ongoing professional development
• Teaching experience
• Ensure that the mission and vision of Sacred Heart School is permeated throughout high school life.
• Oversee and coordinate the spiritual, academic, and advancement of Sacred Heart School.
• Emphasize and foster Catholic faith development as well as involvement of the staff and students in parish communities.
• Recommend to the School Advisory Council, policies, programs and an overall strategic plan for the enhancement of Sacred Heart School.
• Recognizes, respects and facilitates the role of parents as primary educators.
• Nurture and maintain open communication with all stakeholders.
• Show support by frequently attending extracurricular activities.
• Collaborate and participate as a member of the Sacred Heart Parish staff.
• Establish and maintain a positive rapport with the student body.
• Strong faith and morals
• Ability to inspire
• Patience and flexibility
• Valuing of persons and relationships
• Possess conflict resolution skills
• Provide leadership and collaboration in current curriculum and professional development.
• Develop, in collaboration with the faculty/staff, a curriculum that utilizes the findings of current educational research to meet the needs of students and fulfill the requirements of the accreditation agency.
• Continuous education of school faculty/staff in the mission of Sacred Heart School.
• Commitment to educating the whole child.
• Knowledge and implementation of assessment tools and data.
• Employ and terminate, in consultation with the superintendent, faculty/staff and the Athletic Director.
• Direct and supervise faculty/staff and Athletic Director.
• Meet with faculty on a regular basis both individually and collectively.
• Recognize and foster leadership ability among faculty/staff members.
• Direct and oversee the observation and formal evaluation of faculty/staff.
• Nurture and maintain open communication with faculty/staff.
• Establishes and supports networks of collaboration at all levels.
• Serve as primary spokesperson and visionary leader of Sacred Heart High School.
• Communicate openly and frequently with students and parents (present and future) through various publications and media.
• Work collaboratively with the Development Office in nurturing and sustaining relationships, partnerships and alliances with those individuals, groups and constituencies who will advance the Sacred Heart High School vision, mission and philosophy.
• Provide support to the Development Office in marketing, recruitment, admissions, publications, and events.
• Serve on the Parish Budget committee advocating for the monetary needs of the Sacred Heart High School.
• Be resourceful in managing the finances in accordance with the established budget and the policies of the Sacred Heart Parish.
• Monitor and carefully evaluate financial status/stability, taking action to ensure compliance with all established policies covering assets, revenue, expenses, and related fiduciary obligations.
• Oversee approval of expenses including employment agreements within budget constraints.
• Communicate with the Sacred Heart maintenance department to regarding upkeep and safety of the facilities and grounds.
• Communicate with the Sacred Heart maintenance department and Parish Office regarding scheduling of activities.
• Please send your current resume and list of references to: Father Larry Delaney, Sacred Heart School, 200 3rd Street NW, East Grand Forks, MN 56721, [email protected] (1108)
Incoming search terms:
- sacred heart egf mn
- Sacred Heart Church East Grand Forks MN
- sacred heart school egf mn
- Sacred Heart Church East Grand Forks
- sacred heart high school
- sacred heart high school east grand forks minnesota
- sacred heart high school NEW PRINCIPAL east grand forks mn
- Sacred Heart Parish East Grand Forks
- superintendent of schools sacred heart egf mn
- east grand forks sacred heart football