This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY TEACHER
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
St. Monica Academy (Pasadena, CA)
High school science teacher – biology and chemistry courses. The position is to teach the high school biology course and high school chemistry course and is to commence the 2014-2015 academic year.
St. Monica Academy is an independent, coeducational school and includes a small (80-90 students) college preparatory high school located in the historic Arroyo Terrace neighborhood near the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. St. Monica Academy serves a student population of diverse backgrounds united by formation in faith, reason and virtue. The 2013 high school graduating class attained the highest median SAT scores among all high schools in the Los Angeles Archdiocese, and the school has been named one of the Top 50 Catholic high schools in the nation by The Cardinal Newman Society for academic excellence and strong Catholic identity.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science related field is required. Major in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry is preferred.
• Minimum one year teaching experience is preferred.
In addition, the candidate should possess and demonstrate:
• A positive attitude, enthusiasm for the subject matter, and a sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
• Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge students and to maintain an orderly and positive classroom environment.
• Respect for the school’s mission as a Catholic institution that adheres to Catholic doctrine and teachings. (171)
Incoming search terms:
- st monicas academy
- st monica academy