This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HELP DESK SUPPORT
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
Help Desk Support
The Information Systems Group/Chancery Operations Office of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening to fill a vacant full-time Help Desk Support position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Provides technical, operational and training support for the Chancery office software applications, computer operating systems, and the Chancery Help Desk. Provides first tier technical support for all users of the Chancery computer systems and office desktop software. Provides introductory and basic software training for users.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Participates with the director and other team members in implementing the mission of the department. This includes planning, implementing, and evaluating the department’s programs and services. Serves as a professional resource to the staff in the area of help desk operations and support.
2. Acts as the first tier support for the Chancery Help Desk. Provides technical assistance to users in resolving day to day operational problems which includes prioritizing, supporting and troubleshooting problems, as they occur, with the Chancery office desktop software applications, operating system software, hardware, email, network connectivity, printers and copiers, etc. Directly assists users with operation of Chancery software packages (Office, Windows, etc) including providing instruction and guidance with day-to-day tasks and special projects. This assistance may be written, verbal, or one-on-one, at the user’s office location. Guides and instructs users in the operation of the Chancery printers and copiers. Resolves basic support issues (toner replacement, staple replacement, jam clearing, etc). Contacts support vendor when appropriate, for additional resolution. Works with Help Desk Supervisor on long term action plans for maintaining these devices.
3. Assists the Help Desk Supervisor in supporting and maintaining the Chancery Help Desk software. This includes ensuring the software and hardware resources are available and properly installed; managing and customizing the software needed to ensure its effectiveness; troubleshooting, researching and fixing the Help Desk system problems when they occur; working with technical staff at the Help Desk vendor to resolve technical problems. Works with the Help Desk supervisor in developing and maintaining operational procedures for the Chancery Help Desk, and assists in training the ISG staff on the application of these procedures.
4. Accurately and timely documents incident tickets and resolutions using Chancery Help Desk software. Escalate issues as appropriate to second tier Help Desk support or other members of ISG team utilizing the incident and change management process and procedures. Maintains clear communications with the users during the resolution process.
5. Assists the Help Desk Supervisor to conduct tests on new and/or updated versions of existing desktop application software, testing all aspects of the software to identify benefits for our environment; documents tests results and recommends best practices resolutions.
6. Provides assistance to the Help Desk Supervisor in developing and preparing a training plan and training course materials for the Chancery training program, and scheduling user training sessions for Chancery employees. Provides one on one introductory and basic Microsoft Windows and Office desktop software training to Chancery users as needed.
7. Assists with other ITS projects as determined by the ISG Director. This may include working with the ITS Administrative Assistant in providing assistance to the director such as coordinating the work schedules of ITS staff, scheduling meetings, meeting locations and meeting resources. Serves as a backup to the ITS Administrative Assistant in maintaining stock of needed office supplies including printer paper rims and toner supplies.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
a. BA degree in a related field
b. Microsoft Office certification is a plus
a. Five years PC experience, with at least 1 year Help Desk/customer service support experience.
b. Experience and knowledge of Microsoft operating systems with 1 year support experience.
c. Experience with Microsoft application systems, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
b. Outstanding ability to communicate with users.
c. Excellent interpersonal skills.
d. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
e. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
f. Possess a valid Washington State driver’s license
g. Bilingual competency, preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (180)