HEALTH LIAISON- MIGRATION AND REFUGEE SERVICES
Social Work, FT Employee
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
MRS Health Liaison
Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services program is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) medical liaison. The refugee medical liaison is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of refugee health services. The medical liaison will manage multiple community and internal resources for the benefit of the client’s health care and may also provide resettlement services when necessary. This position is located in Arlington; the position requires travel within NOVA. Please note that this position is funded through a grant through fiscal year 2015. While we are hopeful the grant will be renewed, this position is not considered permanent.
MRS carries out the commitment of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) to serve and advocate for refugees, asylees, forced migrants, immigrants, and other people on the move. MRS provides assistance to these most vulnerable people through resettlement services, employment services, and educational services – all rooted in the Gospel mandate that every person is to be welcomed as if he or she were Christ Himself.
• Bachelor’s degree in social services or allied health field
• At least two years direct experience with immigrant health-related services or equivalent population
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 7.0 or greater
• Direct experience working with a multi-cultural and multi-faith population
• Knowledge of state and local social services policies and practices required; familiarity with the Refugee Medical Assistance program highly desirable
• Current Driver’s License
• Preference will be given to multi-lingual candidates; Arabic or Farsi strongly desired
• Willingness to uphold Catholic Social Teaching in the workplace
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] EOE No phone calls, please. (0)