This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HEAD WOMEN’S SWIMMING AND DIVING COACH
Education: University/College, PT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: June 13, 2014
Position Available: Head Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach (Part-Time)
Position Reports to: Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional Staff)
Hours: Seasonal (Part-Time)
Responsible for the overall administration of women’s swimming and diving team, including supervision of coaching staff; scheduling meets; tactics and technical framework.
1. Responsible for supervision of team, assistant coaches, and team manager.
2. Responsible for player development: tactical and technical in all swimming events and all diving events; in-season activities necessary for athletes’ development.
3. Responsible for balancing women’s swimming and diving annual budget.
4. Responsible for the scheduling of NCAA officials, timing services, and all meets, according to FUS, AMCC, and NCAA rules and regulations. Also responsible for scheduling practices in accordance with the availability of the S-A’s.
5. Responsible for maintaining all swimming and diving equipment and uniform inventory according to FUS athletics’ policy.
6. Must maintain proper spiritual atmosphere, in congruence with Athletic Department mission and process. Must participate in annual coaches’ retreat and other department programming mandates, such as commissioning masses, SportsLeader, and business meetings (two per year).
7. Must serve as liaison for women’s swimming and diving at professional, civic, charity, and alumni events, including fundraising or sponsorship events, as directed.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Knowledge of collegiate level coaching tactics in women’s swimming and diving.
2. Effectively sequence development skills in the context of a single practice and a full season in both swimming and diving events.
3. Provide proper instruction of strokes, breathing, land drills, water drills and diving skills.
4. Impart proper gameday strategy for the varied collegiate swimmers and divers.
5. Must be knowledgeable of any NCAA Division III philosophy, rules and regulations pertaining to women’s swimming and diving.
6. Will be required to drive a 12-passenger van to practices and/or Spring training camp.
1. Actively seek out ways to practice and continually improve the required skills or knowledge.
2. Uses effective speaking and listening techniques to ensure clear and actionable communications.
3. Continually assesses one’s skills and identifies areas that can be further improved.
4. Can be consistently counted on to follow through, meet commitments, and deliver results.
5. Takes responsibility and ownership for one’s decisions – - both good and bad decisions.
6. Effectively blends analysis, experience and intuition in the decision-making process, and works well in situations where there is no single right answer.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Swimming and diving coaching experience required, minimum of 3 years at high school level or above
• Collegiate swimming or diving experience preferred
• Collegiate swimming and diving coaching experience preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
• CPR and First Aid
• Water Safety Instruction Certification
• Must be able to endure long periods of time coaching in both practice and game settings, which will involve travel and carrying equipment.
• Primarily evening and weekend hours during the academic year.
• Must be able to travel with team for all scheduled meets.
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (329)
Incoming search terms:
- Franciscan swimming times
- franciscan university swim team womens
- steubenville athletic commissing masses