This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HEAD WOMEN’S SOFTBALL COACH
Education: University/College, PT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: June 13, 2014
Position Available: Head Women’s Softball Coach (Part-Time)
Position Reports to: Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional Staff)
Hours: Seasonal (Part-Time)
Responsible for the overall administration of women’s softball team, including supervision of coaching staff; tactics and technical framework.
1. Responsible for supervision of team, assistant coaches, team manager, and Gameday employees.
2. Responsible for player development: tactical and technical; in-season activities necessary for athletes’ development.
3. Responsible for balancing women’s softball annual budget, including all expenses for spring training trip.
4. Responsible for the scheduling of NCAA officials and all contests, according to FUS, AMCC, and NCAA rules and regulations. Also responsible for scheduling practices in accordance with the availability of the S-A’s.
5. Responsible for maintaining all softball equipment and uniform inventory according to FUS athletics’ policy.
6. Must maintain proper spiritual atmosphere, in congruence with Athletic Department mission and process. Must participate in annual coaches’ retreat and other department programming mandates, such as commissioning masses, SportsLeader, and business meetings (two per year), and Gameday supervision (ADR) duties.
7. Must serve as liaison for women’s softball at professional, civic, charity, and alumni events, including fundraising or sponsorship events, as directed.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Knowledge of collegiate level coaching tactics in women’s softball.
2. Effectively sequence softball development skills in the context of a single practice and a full season.
3. Provide proper instruction of batting, throwing, and catching skills.
4. Impart proper gameday strategy for base-running, stealing, tagging, rotation, line-up, substitutions, etc.
5. Must be knowledgeable of any NCAA Division III philosophy, rules and regulations pertaining to women’s softball.
6. Will be required to drive a 12-passenger van to practices and/or Spring training.
1. Actively seek out ways to practice and continually improve the required skills or knowledge.
2. Uses effective speaking and listening techniques to ensure clear and actionable communications.
3. Continually assesses one’s skills and identifies areas that can be further improved.
4. Can be consistently counted on to follow through, meet commitments, and deliver results.
5. Takes responsibility and ownership for one’s decisions – - both good and bad decisions.
6. Effectively blends analysis, experience and intuition in the decision-making process, and works well in situations where there is no single right answer.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Softball coaching experience required, minimum of 3 years at high school level or above
• Collegiate softball experience preferred
• Collegiate softball coaching experience preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
• CPR and First Aid
• Must be able to endure long periods of time coaching in both practice and game settings, which will involve travel and carrying equipment.
• Primarily evening and weekend hours during the academic year (emphasis in the Fall and Spring seasons).
• Must be able to travel with team for Spring training in Florida and all other scheduled away contests.
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (192)
Incoming search terms:
- Franciscan softball coach
- Franciscan university softball coach
- Franciscan softball coach vacancy