This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
HEAD MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD COACH
Education: University/College, PT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: June 13, 2014
Position Available: Head Men’s & Women’s Track and Field Coach (Part-Time)
Position Reports to: Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional Staff)
Hours: Seasonal (Part-Time)
Responsible for the overall administration of men’s and women’s track and field team, including supervision of coaching staff; scheduling meets; tactics and technical framework.
1. Responsible for supervision of team, assistant coaches, and team manager.
2. Responsible for player development: tactical and technical in all track events and all field events; in-season activities necessary for athletes’ development.
3. Responsible for balancing men’s and women’s track and field annual budget.
4. Responsible for the scheduling of NCAA meets, according to FUS, AMCC, and NCAA rules and regulations. Also responsible for scheduling practices in accordance with the availability of the S-A’s.
5. Responsible for maintaining all track and field equipment and uniform inventory according to FUS athletics’ policy.
6. Must maintain proper spiritual atmosphere, in congruence with Athletic Department mission and process. Must participate in annual coaches’ retreat and other department programming mandates, such as commissioning masses, SportsLeader, and business meetings (two per year).
7. Must serve as liaison for men’s and women’s track and field at professional, civic, charity, and alumni events, including fundraising or sponsorship events, as directed.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Knowledge of collegiate level coaching tactics in men’s and women’s track and field.
2. Effectively sequence development skills in the context of a single practice and a full season in both track and field events.
3. Provide proper instruction for sprinters, middle-distance runners, long-distance runners, throwers, jumpers, and hurdlers.
4. Impart proper practice and gameday strategy for the varied collegiate track and field athletes.
5. Must be knowledgeable of any NCAA Division III philosophy, rules and regulations pertaining to men’s and women’s outdoor track and field.
6. Will be required to drive a 12-passenger van to practices.
1. Actively seek out ways to practice and continually improve the required skills or knowledge.
2. Uses effective speaking and listening techniques to ensure clear and actionable communications.
3. Continually assesses one’s skills and identifies areas that can be further improved.
4. Can be consistently counted on to follow through, meet commitments, and deliver results.
5. Takes responsibility and ownership for one’s decisions – - both good and bad decisions.
6. Effectively blends analysis, experience and intuition in the decision-making process, and works well in situations where there is no single right answer.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Track and field coaching experience required, minimum of 3 years at high school level or above
• Collegiate track or field experience preferred
• Collegiate track and field coaching experience preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
• CPR and First Aid
• Must be able to endure long periods of time coaching in both practice and game settings, which will involve travel and carrying equipment.
• Primarily evening and weekend hours during the academic year (emphasis in the Spring season).
• Must be able to travel with team for all scheduled meets.
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (124)